Is the EVO IX a bargain or what? (1 Viewer)

funniboi

HSC
SlipStream said:
funniboi: I'd have a long hard think about a 22B - said car has been my dream car since I was a kid. ;)

ahh.. if it was me, i'd grab the 22b no questions asked.

afterall, there's only roughly about 400 in the world. and their value'd at about $180k so yeah, thats just me. but i'd got for a new m3 over that anyday! ;)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
the moffstang is back

yeh babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

hahahha...

SipSip

HSC
N/A
I would either hold out and see what the Evo X is gonna be like or go directly for an STi, the reason being that the 2006 STi is a 2.5L turbo, in other words, more mid range torque, there's therefore less turbo lag which is not really something you want in a performance car since that the boost becomes unpredictable and makes it more dangerous.

plus, the STi looks are brand new whereas the Evo hasn't changed much in many years...

If you're looking for more luxury, BMW's are great cars to drive and they've always got that Beemer ring to it...personally, i'm holding my money on BMW's until the E90 coupes are released...

SlipStream

HSC
DaddyK said:
As if a car like the evo or the sti is going to have much lag, it would be so little it wouldn't be an issue.
lol, umm, unless you're being sarcastic, boosted Subies and Mitsus have lag. Trust me. ;)

funniboi

HSC
SlipStream said:
lol, umm, unless you're being sarcastic, boosted Subies and Mitsus have lag. Trust me. ;)

knowing daddyk, he most likely wasn't being sarcastic at all, im pretty sure he was serious. afterall "few = three".

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
To the topic- yeh the evo9 is a bargain compared to how much it used to cost to import 'em and so on... although I think some of the appeal is lost now that it is so readily available/mainstream.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Some of the appeal maybe, but you're certainly going to see more around....

I have to back DaddyK up on a few being three....

As far as lag and the Evo/Sti of course they have lag that is a fact of turbochargers. However engineering advances mean that its hardly like driving a mazda 1 bubble with passengers till you get to six grand and it transforms into a Gallardo. Yes there will be lag, der. But its easily enough manageable....

Last edited:

gna

HSC
I've been in the new Evo IX, i'd say it's a pretty nice car all around. But 1 thing it doesn't come with is cruise control!!!

You have to buy your side mirrors, they don't come standard. Either normal or carbon fibre, also wheels don't come with the car either. Have to add them as extras..

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
LMAO wheels and mirrors as extras....

Actually whilst funny I think its bullshit, I thought the EvoIX was fully homogulated which would presumably include conforming to all the ADRs. Which I'm assuming specify at some point the presence of wheels and definantly do mirrors.

Oh well not the worst extras list. Audi's apparantly have a compulsory optional extra list as long as you're arm to keep the list price down. And I think its the CLK in UK where the upgraded mags cost several thousand pounds taking into account a rebate as the dealer keeps the stockies.

The other good one is the Volvo SUV where some of the options (eg DVD player+screens) cost twice market price for the ICE system seperately.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
That's the price you pay for integration >_> Sat nav systems cost $3k+ in some cars, but I'm pretty sure the LCD upgrade and software don't cost anywhere near that.. but I guess it's something we have to live with- if you can pay the price of admission, you can afford the popcorn.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Isaaq said:
I wanna know peoples opinions on the Mistu EVO IX (specifically slipstream's).

It costs 6k less than the outgoing EVO VIII.
It has (a bit) more power than the EVO 8.
It has a 6 speed trans when the EVO8 had a 5 speed.
The 4g63 now has mivec which the evo 8 didn't have.

I'm just really excited about this car for some reason and am considering driving a shitbox for a few years to save up for it.

The only downsides I can see are insurance, styling (it's a bit OTT for me) and when it comes down to it, it is a souped up Lancer. (56k can get a lot of nice 2nd hand 'prestige' metal with a fair bit of street cred - think 330ci.)

but before I consign myself to public transport for the next few years...what do you think of the IX slipstream?
Screw the EVO, get the new 2.5L WRX STi!

Less lag and better low and mid-range torque. Or the new 2006 FPV Typhoon is mega hardcore, but probably a bit of a gas guzzler and not as good in the corners compared to EVO, STi.

SlipStream

HSC
veterandoggy said:
look, have you looked it up?? no, you havent.

i dont see no "3" in few... it means 3 to something like 5, so youre a few years off :p
*looks at watch*

I think you need to adjust to BoS-style daylight saving.

高橋 啓介

HSC
Screw EVO, RX-7 FD series 8 will kick its ass anyday ~!!
nothing compares to twin turbo rotary with 1.1 boost =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)