Is the excel study guide worth it? (1 Viewer)

qwert73

HSC
MY teacher isn't that amazing and I'm basically only using the business studies in action textbook for content and notes so you anyone recommend the excel study guide or is it not that good?

piethepker

HSC
N/A
It is a solid guide, however, if u are looking at a band 6 I would not recommend it.

crowley926

HSC
The business studies in action textbook is pretty helpful I think and covers every dot-point pretty well and I'm sure that the excel book will provide more or less similar content. But since your teacher isn't that good you might struggle understanding some points (but then again Business is fairly easy and if you have any questions it'll probs be explained somewhere on here or another website)...

So bottom line, I don't think you need it to do well

ekat

HSC
I hardly used the information in the guide but what I did use were the end of topic questions that covered every dot point. I completed all of those questions before every exam so that it would stick in my head so I would definitely recommend.

Examine

same
HSC
It's alright, though Business Studies In Action covers the course with enough depth and it might be a bit of a waste to go through two lots of textbooks.

As ekat said the questions in the textbook are fairly solid, but it's not something I'd buy if you wanna focus on content.

I recommend this textbook in supplement with BSIA mainly due to providing heaps of different case studies which can help you better understand how some dotpoints apply to real life scenarios. IMO in terms of the actual dotpoint content though BSIA is the best (also have heard good things about creative business studies):

http://www.redpeg.com.au/business-studies/hsc/

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
I think the Business Studies Excel book is a very good supplement to your studies. I think there's some really good information there (especially about case studies) as well as there is some very good practise questions at the end.

I also enjoyed filling it out throughout the year :) It helped me consolidate the knowledge I learned in class, or in some cases get ahead. But if you're fine with Business Studies in Action (which I also used for Year 11 and Year 12).

swagmeister

HSC
It is a solid guide, however, if u are looking at a band 6 I would not recommend it.
I disagree...

The excel guide is definitely better than the business studies in action textbook which has many less key points and much more 'filler' information

Overall though my staple textbook was the Creative Business Studies one, definitely the best by far in terms of content and also the author's interpretation of the syllabus

Mickey66

HSC
I also think the q's at the end of each section are great revision :dog:

si2136

HSC
N/A
Business Studies in Actions is already a good book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)