Is the Primary Education course interesting??? (1 Viewer)

ohyeoj

HSC
Hey im just wondering is there anyone that does the Primary education course?

Can they tell me whether its fully practical or theory and if they find it a fun course?

im choosing whether to do nursing or Primary education at uts!

Superbogh

HSC
Well from what i can gather from reading the UTS handbook and course outlines, the course seems pretty interesting to me, apparently the UTS primary education course places a great deal of emphasis on practicums. I read somewhere you will be doing your first prac 4 weeks into the first semester, it also allows you to do your honours in 3rd and 4th plus you have an opportunity to do a prac in an overseas country hehe.

Yeah sorry, I don't have any first hand information as I am starting the course this year.

turt1e

HSC
Oh !

I'm doing the Primary Education Course!

I absolutely LOVE it! The people there are very friendly and the atmosphere is laid back and comfortable. I can definitely be myself there.
It's more practical than theoretical as the university believes that you learn more through the involvement at primary schools.

As for what Superbogh stated above, we do A LOT of prac. I mean a lot. Every semester we're given the opportunity to go out and improve on your teaching and communicative skills.

First semester- attending a primary school once a week on every wednesday
second semester- 15 days at a primary school so roughly 3 weeks (block mode)
and so forth. The amount increases as you continue 2nd-4th year.

Believe it or not, but some of the assignments are pretty damn fun and entertaining =)

Sorry if the reply's a bit late but I do hope it helps.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)