• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is the SC beneficial for the future ? (1 Viewer)

thrash4life

HSC
Hey everybody, (my first EVER post!!!)

Having the SC tomorro i was wondering if the SC is beneficial for the future.

Like are employers gonna look at our SC results and take it into account?
Or is a bad result in the SC gonna have effects on my search for a job/university ?

Im afraid im gonna be declined a job because of my poor SC results...or am i just paranoid?

And what is the purpose of the SC anyway?

please help :confused:

Tutored

Snooze Fest
HSC
If your leaving at the end of year 10 hell yes it is significant. If your going to go for UNI, HSC and UAI is a requirement and I'd like to see the persons face if and when you handed over your SC results xD

NormanG

HSC
The School Certificate is like a practice run for the future. thats if your going onto 11 and 12.

IMO i think it's only important if your leaving year 10.

I doubt that the employers would look at your SC if you have your HSC.

But yeah thats my opinion, everyone's view of the SC is different.

yosemite sam

HSC
^ i think most peoples view of the sc is similar if you go on the year 11 and 12, and that is that it isnt important. even once you finish year 11 employers only look at those results rather than year 10.

but if you plan on leaving after year 10, then your sc results are going to be in your resume for quite a while yet as they are the highest level of education you have obtained unless you go on to tafe or an apprenticeship or whatever.

doing well in the sc gives you a bit of a confidence boost for the start of year 11 and obviously bragging rights against your friends that you beat, but in the long term, if youre going to do your hsc they dont have a major impact on your lifes course.

militiaman

HSC
If you leave after year 10 I still don't think it matters if you get a band 5 or a band 3. If I was applying for a job in a specific industry I'd be more worried about previous experience and qualifications (e.g TAFE stuff) than the results of my SC.

If you're going on to year 12 then, as jellybelly said, it is very reflective of your abilities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)