Is the UNSW Peer mentoring program worth it? (1 Viewer)

AVY

HSC
I just got an email about it :L Or is it just really awkward? :alone:

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Worth it. You learn a worth of knowledge that helps with doing law assignments/exams i.e. tutor goes through problem based questions and techniques to refine essays.

Whoops I assumed it was for law..

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Worth it. You learn a worth of knowledge that helps with doing law assignments/exams i.e. tutor goes through problem based questions and techniques to refine essays.

Whoops I assumed it was for law..
That would be Peer Tutoring haha Peer Mentoring only goes through stuff like where is ____, what problems you have etc

plasticities

HSC
I was a mentee last year (in the science faculty) and hoping to be a mentor this year and it really depends. My mentor was great with consistently meeting up with me, giving me helpful advice and hints that I wouldn't have otherwise found out (or not until much later) and it wasn't awkward. But my friend's mentor I think met up with them like once and pretty much never saw them again. For my program during O-Week you attend the intro BBQ, where before hand you meet some of the other mentees and play ice-breaker games such as 'I have never' etc. The BBQ isn't that awkward, it's your opportunity to meet up with possible mentors and find someone that you related well with and is nice etc.

I don't know how it's run in other faculties, but it's also nice if you don't know that many people to begin with.

forgot

HSC
Uni Grad
Go for it, you got nothing to lose, and it's a great way to meet new people. It usually involves ice-breaker games, and the mentors show you around the uni, explain any questions regarding enrolment or your course, and you can ask them any questions you like. plus you actually get really good advice, which i suggest you take on board.

Misery1

HSC
May or may not have unconsciously signed up for it (it was the first thing that popped up in zmail or something).
Could anyone tell me exactly what is involved in this peer mentoring program? And could I cancel this halfway if I find I don't need it? (I assume I could because it just saves more time for the mentor).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)