is there any way to motivate myself to write an essay (1 Viewer)

frippyful

HSC
i honestly have a problem with writing an essay quickly and in one go for homework. is there anything i can do to motivate myself to write a whole essay? what do you think about before writing one? i get them done on time but in fractions and on last minute

zombies

HSC
Turn your computer off (I get very distracted by my PC), sit down at your desk and just start writing whatever you can on paper.

Even if it's not the best idea, just write down everything. I procrastinate because I can't think of anything good to write, and so I don't write anything down and leave it until the last minute.

And then once you've got a decent amount of words, type it up and edit it, add in any points if you think of any, proofread etc..

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Write an essay plan prior to writing an essay.

It allows you to clear your head and get all your different ideas onto the paper. It should thus make you more confident about writing said essay, and it will consequently be completed quickly,

Mortelle

HSC
Uni Grad
Sit down at a desk and handwrite it to stop computer distractions and also set A timer for 40 minutes and don't allow yourself to stop until it goes off, this also allows you to practise writing to a time limit.
Bribing yourself with chocolate also helps ^_^

Bobbo1

HSC
Sit at a desk and brain storm all your ideas out on paper no matter how stupid they may sound. Then come back the next day and keep adding thoughts to the piece of paper. Once you think you have enough ideas and a skeleton for an essay this is when you start adding in all the finer details. People often make the mistake of spending way too long on the first paragraph and just get stuck there but this should give a bit more direction.

kcqn93

HSC
i honestly have a problem with writing an essay quickly and in one go for homework. is there anything i can do to motivate myself to write a whole essay? what do you think about before writing one? i get them done on time but in fractions and on last minute
That is completely normal. You don't have to do everything in one go.

When I was in high school I would list the points in the introduction, then in that order would write a paragraph for each of those points. My teachers told me that it was a bad idea to do so but I managed to get Band 6 and E4 in Ancient History and History Extension.

Also, find some form of motivation.

e.g. Write essay. Get high marks. Get high ATAR. Goto uni. Meet hot chicks. (in your case dudes)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)