Is there anybody who thinks they have a BAD cohort this year? (1 Viewer)

imZerroo

HSC
no friggin way.
science at our school is so compettitive. there aren't many people doing bio, chem physics at our school but people who do it are bloody smart and work hard. so hard to beat them.

elbatiolpxeho

HSC
Chem and Physics is pretty competitive at my school too, only like 12 students in each class.

michaeljennings

HSC
do not think 20 99.95-ers is even possible.

we suck at english compared to last year though =(
Yes true and barring the chick coming first and khfreakau our whole economics cohort is shit.....The accelerated kids are dumb as fuck lol If only your accelerated eco marks could be counted with our grades...

Last edited:

tambam

HSC
do not think 20 99.95-ers is even possible.

we suck at english compared to last year though =(
Don't we just have to get a higher percentage of band 6s? I think most people could at least get low band 6 in english, but yeah last year were gun at english.
Btw, do you know how many accelerated kids DIDN't get a band 6 last year? I swear i only know one. And she still got 89...

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
my cohorts are so competitive now its not funny.. im literally gonna cry because they are stealing my ranks and there is alot of competition now fml ==

hate life

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
Unless the accelerated kids aced and/or ace the HSC heaps of them wont get band 6. WHAT DO THEY DO. They have all year to study for just one subject....
they shouldnt offer acceleration imo. they should only offer it maybe to really bright maths students. otherwise kids are just getting an unfair advantage in other subjects like chemistry, where anyone can do well if they had to only study that for a year.

michaeljennings

HSC
they shouldnt offer acceleration imo. they should only offer it maybe to really bright maths students. otherwise kids are just getting an unfair advantage in other subjects like chemistry, where anyone can do well if they had to only study that for a year.
mm yeah i suppose but i guess it makes the school look better because accelerated kids should be more likely to do better worked last year for my school with economics the people in my grade destroyed all of the year 12s at our school bar the guy who came 1st in the state. Doesnt seem to be working this year but we havent gotten trials back yet i hope they did shit anyway so i get a better rank..they can pick up their game later. Would be so sweet to do like 6 units in yr 11 and 6 units in yr 12 hahah

michaeljennings

HSC
im also jealous of my friend because he gets like 9 free periods a week and and i only get 3 cos he did accelerated eco last year. He could potentially have 15 free periods if he did 10 units instead of 12 for his hsc

khfreakau

HSC
Advantage of acceleration is that you can tell how strong you are compared to other years.... pretty sure we're much better hahaha :D

im also jealous of my friend because he gets like 9 free periods a week and and i only get 3 cos he did accelerated eco last year. He could potentially have 15 free periods if he did 10 units instead of 12 for his hsc
yeah fark destinyliang that bastard does 8 units so he has like 20 frees a week...

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Well obviously they're best maffs students in the whole grade and by quite a huge margin (top mark of non-4U in 3U was ~70%, lowest mark of 4U in 3U was 85%, in the last assessment), but course average in 4U is still only 60% lol.
Kevin and Josh may do well, they're top 3 in all their other subjects so idk.
Our average is around 60 too. Lol
And that's only coz the top kid is getting like 72 and everyone else is in the 50s. Shit…
I think the highest Mx1 result for trials was higher than the lowest MX2 students' MX1 result but that kid should've done MX2. I think overall he came 4th and the last extension two guy came 5th in extension one and then there's a massive gap between us and everyone else.

elbatiolpxeho

HSC
Our average is around 60 too. Lol
And that's only coz the top kid is getting like 72 and everyone else is in the 50s. Shit…
If I wasn't included, our class average would be 45% haha.

I'm getting 90+ and everyone else is 40-50, so shit lol, and our assessments are pretty easy tbh (around actual HSC difficulty), compared to like SBHS trials etc.

elbatiolpxeho

HSC
Well you could then argue that repeating the HSC at TAFE or something is unfair...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)