is there anything specific u wud do to answer represent... questions (1 Viewer)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
It seems to me like the representation of an experience emphasises an elaboration of the theme(s) present within the text(s), followed by a link to the experience being discussed. In the case of Kenneth Slessor's poetry, it represents individual and collective human experiences by expressing universal feelings that are shared by everyone as well as by focusing on personal subjective aspects. Slessor captures the passing of time, a sense of discomfort and the reduction of humanity to its vulnerabilities while also revealing our perseverance and grit. He invites the reader to see the world differently, that is, by acknowledging that unpleasant things exist instead of disregarding such things. His poetry highlights behaviour and human motivation in order to indicate the anomalies and paradoxes that come with the experience of living.

The word "how" is the analytical part of the question, meaning that you will need to include relevant techniques and quotes to support your point(s), hopefully resulting in a good quality response. In terms of applying this to the example of Slessor's poetry, we can examine a specific poem more closely. Consider the following example targeting the poem "Burial Burial":

Our sympathies are further aroused in the second stanza where onomatopoeia and personification “Between the sobbing and the clubbing of the gunfire” suggest both the sadness and brutality of war and is reinforced by the harsh consonant “b” sound.

In the case of questions targeting unseen texts, I believe that the same strategy would be appropriate, the only difference being the techniques and/or quotes that you may need to include in your responses.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)