Is there other people like me? (1 Viewer)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
why the pic?

in answer to your question: the difference is the level of difficulty... since the advanced kids are the so-called 'brighter' ones, then they will obviously be more competent doing harder texts.

Jazz Potato

Nah. She didn't mean whats the difference in the standard of work, but the difference between the way the markers approach standard and advanced papers for area of study. Do standard papers get marked easier?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by sugaryblue
I tend to have the impression that I need to put in much more effort into Advanced than Extension 1 and 2. Extension 1 for me is kinda like a bludge.
same

Originally posted by veg
ahhh, i so understand. standard ppl do exactly the same as advanced people in area of study. dun get it.
yeah they get the same marks, i dont get it either
Originally posted by *~Dazed~*
well last year i got overall 85% in english and i came second in my class... i think 5th overall..... this year i have about 85% so far (not counting the trial cause havent got it back) and I am 4th in my class and probably like 15/75 overall....... so basically its that people are waking up to themselves and actually putting effort in and hence adding more competition
to an extent, but i am also finding it harder to answer the questions in the essays, i have never had that prob before

young_gurl

im really scared of the fact that they could chuck anything at you in the exam and sometimes the words they use can kinda throw you off track for eg..Sylvia plaths poems have a way of transcending through time with a distinct voice that will echo through the ages..i mean i wulda been like " what the?" im just sticking to historical info ..meaning ...and techniques used in the poem....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)