• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is this just me...? (1 Viewer)

Shoda

HSC
Ok I do Ancient History by distance education and I'm doing all the civilisations I didn't want to. I really wanted to do Egypt and instead I'm doing Greece and Rome - the two I really wanted to avoid. :mad1:

I thought you were supposed to have a choice in the matter. Has this happened to anyone else or is it just my teacher?

:burn:

X

xeuyrawp

Shoda said:
Ok I do Ancient History by distance education and I'm doing all the civilisations I didn't want to. I really wanted to do Egypt and instead I'm doing Greece and Rome - the two I really wanted to avoid. :mad1:

I thought you were supposed to have a choice in the matter. Has this happened to anyone else or is it just my teacher?

:burn:
Er, no, your teacher choses. How could a teacher be expected to teach something if they haven't learnt about it in advance?

Technically, in the HSC paper, there is nothing stopping you from doing whichever options you want -- just like there is nothing stopping you from not answering the paper altogether...

If you have any specific issues, just make sure you follow them up! :)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
You may have heard friends from other schools saying they have a choice regarding what they do in the hsc exam. which is true to a certain extent.

when i did the hsc we had to do 1 Personality, 1 Society, 1 Historical Period and 1 additional period. We learnt about 2 personalities (so we got to choose between Xerxes and Hatshepsut), 1 society (we had no choice in the exam), 3 historical periods (out of which - egypt, persia and greece - we had to choose 2).

because you're going it by distance education, i don't think it's going to be as lenient.

don't be quick to give up on greece and rome. A LOT of students choose egypy, and often it is good to choose a topic not many students do, so you don't get compared to others' answers. more of a chance of getting higher marks (this is wat a hsc marker told me)

plus ancient greece is fantastic!! full of sexual innuendos and incest! :p

X

xeuyrawp

grk_styl said:
We learnt about 2 personalities (so we got to choose between Xerxes and Hatshepsut), 1 society (we had no choice in the exam), 3 historical periods (out of which - egypt, persia and greece - we had to choose 2).
Ah, I totally forgot about that. My school did 3 -- Ramses, Akhenaten, and Agrippina.

Shoda

HSC
Ok, thanks for that. Appreciate the help. :wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)