is this ridiculous or jst a rumor? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaBibi~

HSC
N/A
i have heard from a uni professor that the HSC course for 2006 -(so this years yr 10 will be doing it)- will be renewed and changed......and apparently, it will be the worst and hardest HSC course ever! they'r apparently trialing it on the class of 2006 (thats if they pass)...and if that group goes bad, they probbaly will be changing it again to make it an easier course/exam.

is this tru?

santaslayer

HSC
Not impossible I guess. The HSC is always changing to reflect both the standard and content society wants it to achieve. :)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by HaBibi~
i have heard from a uni professor that the HSC course for 2006 -(so this years yr 10 will be doing it)- will be renewed and changed......and apparently, it will be the worst and hardest HSC course ever! they'r apparently trialing it on the class of 2006 (thats if they pass)...and if that group goes bad, they probbaly will be changing it again to make it an easier course/exam.

is this tru?
yeah they change like the syllbus every so often, whether they ctually make it harder is another thing

santaslayer

HSC
But the point is, is that it dosen't really matter how hard the HSC gets. The UAI is a rank and ranks will never change.

Nerissa

HABIBI ---> Shou! (I'm guessing you're Leb, or maybe just go to a school full of 'em, like me!) In answer to your question, they are not overhauling the HSC SYSTEM (so you'll still have to sit external exams worth 50% and do internal assessments worth 50%), but rather specific COURSES. You guys aren't in that bad a position. You'll be the last year doing 'Journeys' for Area of Study in English, which means there'll be shitloads of resources, whereas we're the first year to be doing it, which means we actually have to use our heads! I do know that the Ancient History course is changing for 2006. The current format of the course is: there are 3 areas (historical period, ancient society and personality) - each school is required to study one of each, plus an additional historical period OR society. There are about 20 different topics to choose from within each of the 3 areas, so often, a school will do topics / a combination of topics no other school in the state does. The change is pretty major - you'll still study one topic from each of the three areas (again, lots of choice), but there will now be a core topic, ie a topic that every Ancient History student in the state studies, and thus a common section in the exam (questions that EVERYONE does). The proposed core topic is 'Ancient Ruins: Herculaneum and Pompeii'. Maths (all levels), will, according to the Maths Coordinator and Senior HSC Marker at my school, stay the same, as will the sciences. Some minor changes have already been made to the SoR course, in terms of exam format (the cross religion study is now an essay instead of a series of short answer questions) and the scrapping of the Interest Study Project (ISP), which is now done in Yr 11. If you want more specific info, consider posting in subject forums, as I'm sure people there will know a lot more!

Nerissa

HABIBI ---> Shou! (I'm guessing you're Leb, or maybe just go to a school full of 'em, like me!) In answer to your question, they are not overhauling the HSC SYSTEM (so you'll still have to sit external exams worth 50% and do internal assessments worth 50%), but rather specific COURSES. You guys aren't in that bad a position. You'll be the last year doing 'Journeys' for Area of Study in English, which means there'll be shitloads of resources, whereas we're the first year to be doing it, which means we actually have to use our heads! I do know that the Ancient History course is changing for 2006. The current format of the course is: there are 3 areas (historical period, ancient society and personality) - each school is required to study one of each, plus an additional historical period OR society. There are about 20 different topics to choose from within each of the 3 areas, so often, a school will do topics / a combination of topics no other school in the state does. The change is pretty major - you'll still study one topic from each of the three areas (again, lots of choice), but there will now be a core topic, ie a topic that every Ancient History student in the state studies, and thus a common section in the exam (questions that EVERYONE does). The proposed core topic is 'Ancient Ruins: Herculaneum and Pompeii'. Maths (all levels), will, according to the Maths Coordinator and Senior HSC Marker at my school, stay the same, as will the sciences. Some minor changes have already been made to the SoR course, in terms of exam format (the cross religion study is now an essay instead of a series of short answer questions) and the scrapping of the Interest Study Project (ISP), which is now done in Yr 11. If you want more specific info, consider posting in subject forums, as I'm sure people there will know a lot more!

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by Nerissa
summary please ? :)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
i willl summarize for ya!

In answer to your question, they are not overhauling the HSC SYSTEM (so you'll still have to sit external exams worth 50% and do internal assessments worth 50%), but rather specific COURSES.

rumour

HSC
Apparently they are going to get rid of the HSC altogther!!!!
Because of the stress, that it causes students!!!!

TheKing

aren't you guys being just a litte.... um how do i put it?
overly geeky?
i mean its year 10 enjoy it and fk around. You can't take school that seriously, stress isn't good for learning plus year 10 dosn't count

rumour

HSC
Originally posted by TheKing
aren't you guys being just a litte.... um how do i put it?
overly geeky?
I'm sure they will be laughing @ you, when you get a UAI of 35.00
and they get 99.05.......

TheKing

well that all depends on whether u want to have a life or stare at a piece of paper with a number on it.
plus whose to say that i'm not going to do well, just because i don't care about year 10.
it doesn't count in case you didn't know... and if a number on a piece of paper is your measure of success or happiness then your more of an idiot than the person who does get a UAI of 35

good day to you

TheKing

well nowadyas
the emphasis of secondary education is to allow people to go into uni, so much emhasis is put onto yr12 and th HSC that yes, as much as people try to pretend its not, it becomes the aim of our high school education.
yr10 results do not carry onto yr12, therefore it doesn't count?
is that a clear enough explaination of my views?
you don't have to agreewith them but it doesn't that they're not corect.

p.s i personally thought that i expressed myself pretty clearly

rumour

HSC
well that all depends on whether u want to have a life or stare at a piece of paper with a number on it.

Well the UAI does affect your life after school!!!!!
Like if you make it to uni or not!!!!!!!!

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
^^ true true. and whether you like it or hate it, the hsc and uai is a big thing in todays society. just like $$$$$$ are

TheKing

look, people on BoS... are generally not academically challenged and aspire to study at university...
some people don't want to goto uni, doesn't mean they're idiots.... don't automactically think garbos and council workers, what about those who choose to do fashsion design or hotel managment etc....

theres always a way to do what u want if you look hard enough...
uni is not after school, it is school just another phase in our education.

I am in my HSC year and i still think that if it doesn't make you happy then its not worth you time.

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
I am in my HSC year and i still think that if it doesn't make you happy then its not worth you time.
I use that excuse for not doing my homework or studying. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)