Is This Unreasonable? :/ (1 Viewer)

Liv1712

HSC
I only have 10 units, so I pretty much can't back out of anything now. I'd just like to know whether an ATAR of 77-80 is an unrealistic expectation with these subjects (and my current scores):

-Advanced English (90%+)
-General Maths (I'll be lucky to scrape 75% here...not my strong point ^^")
-Chemistry (78-80%)
-Ancient History (75%)
-PDHPE (80%+)

I'd really like to get into teaching once I leave school, and the ATAR required is generally around 70-77, so....is this an unrealistic expectation on myself? Or am I being too tough on myself? :/ Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :D

Capt Rifle

HSC
you also need to take in consideration your rank

edit: it is difficult to estimate an accurate atar without ranks.

Liv1712

HSC
Thanks! :D Let's see if I have this right...

Govt Tenterfield High School 147 0 0.00 9 (A rural school...so I have pathetically small classes -_-)

My rankings:

Adv Eng: 1/7
Ancient History: 1/4
PDHPE: 1/8
Chemistry: 3/6
General Maths: 7/18

My school isn't highly ranked (at all! >_<)...Will this possibly influence my marks? D:

Last edited:

Capt Rifle

HSC
those ranks are good, maybe bring gen maths up and you should be hitting at least the mid 90s.

Last edited:

kat12345

HSC
N/A
I think your marks will be good enough!
For maths, just practice practice practice!

I was struggling with maths for years (only getting around 50% on most tests)

Before my HSC even with my lower rank, I studied really hard and did a lot of practice papers. By the time of the exams I has an idea of what sort of questions came up lots and how to do them, and I ended up getting 85. I'd never done so well before!

& you seem to be good at english, but your ancient mark isn't as good.
I found ancient history is very much like enlgish. If you can learn your basic dates and key facts, but elaborate like you do in english, you can improve there too.

For all your subjects go through past papers and get a feel for what gets asked. That way the HSC questions aren't as big of a shock.

Oh, and being a rural student, I'm fairly sure you can get bonus points at some universities. That might help you getting the marks you need.

Good luck :)

enoilgam

HSC
Thanks! :D Let's see if I have this right...

Govt Tenterfield High School 147 0 0.00 9 (A rural school...so I have pathetically small classes -_-)

My rankings:

Adv Eng: 1/7
Ancient History: 1/4
PDHPE: 1/8
Chemistry: 3/6
General Maths: 7/18

My school isn't highly ranked (at all! >_<)...Will this possibly influence my marks? D:
I would say that you have more than enough for a 77-80 ATAR. You could get as high as 90 depending on how well you do externally.

lee337

HSC
Uni Grad
Got 78.8 last year with less than 70 in english standard. Don't really see why you wont get more than me.
Even if you somehow don't, go UWS.

Capt Rifle

HSC
Got 78.8 last year with less than 70 in english standard. Don't really see why you wont get more than me.
Even if you somehow don't, go UWS.
yep, and if you want to go to a specifiic uni, then just transfer after sometime. hsc is really just a shortcut to what you want to do.

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)