Is This Year's HSC Easy? (1 Viewer)

Rawf

HSC
Paper 1 for English was hard as.
3u maths was crap.
Everything else I had so far was pretty easy. we just have to wait and see what's in store for us in the next couple of weeks - ie chem physics legal etc

RishBonjour

HSC
Paper 1 for English was hard as.
3u maths was crap.
Everything else I had so far was pretty easy. we just have to wait and see what's in store for us in the next couple of weeks - ie chem physics legal etc
are you sure about 3u?that test was MUCH easier than 2011. most people in my 3u class found it fairly easy, even the "weak" students (and I'm at a 100+ ranked school). Maybe the parametric put people off because it was different.

Just hope physics is normal. no crazy shit.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Let's just say I wouldn't write an article based on information collated on here as representation of the entire student body of a state. But that's just me and my issue with utter inaccuracy.
In b4 McNeilage strikes again haha.

Although I think this was possibly the least comforting article for HSC students.

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/lif...res-may-only-last-forever-20121021-27zl0.html

Never had an exam dream, don't think the HSC will make me have one with two to go.

ANd yes, he actually ate a strip of magnesium. I just can't even, it's one of his more mild things he has done at school. Grossest thing was skulling 3L of strawbery milk and various other things...we all know how that ended.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Let's just say I wouldn't write an article based on information collated on here as representation of the entire student body of a state. But that's just me and my issue with utter inaccuracy.
In b4 McNeilage strikes again haha.

Although I think this was possibly the least comforting article for HSC students.

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/lif...res-may-only-last-forever-20121021-27zl0.html

Never had an exam dream, don't think the HSC will make me have one with two to go.

ANd yes, he actually ate a strip of magnesium. I just can't even, it's one of his more mild things he has done at school. Grossest thing was skulling 3L of strawbery milk and various other things...we all know how that ended.

ahdil33

HSC
English Paper 1 - Very easy
English paper 2 - Fairly challenging, the questions and the specification for Mod B.
economics - why so easy :(
4u - moderately difficult
3u - moderately easy

enoilgam

HSC
Haha I know right, you guys don't realise the range in the state. Someone I know rocked up 30 mins late to general maths yesterday and slept through it. Same kid who ate magnesium before dropping out of my chem class at the end of yr 11.
Most people on here are far more studious and ambitious then I on here, and even so 95% of people on here are looking for 90+ ATARS.
Ate magnesium that's a new one. But I agree, this site isnt a good representation of NSW high school students at all.

NBGHHS

HSC
Exams were manageable and fair for all those that studied
All those that didn't dun goofd, and are mostly the ones that complain that any exam, be it 2011 or 2006 hsc, was 'hard'
Of course, there are those few cases where exams are totally rigged with challenge explosives that stump the whole state. I don't think that has happened this year. I'm praying that i don't jinx it for those upcoming major science exams :L

Shomalika

HSC
I found this year's HSC to be quite hard. I found the past papers from previous years much easier than some of the questions I came across in some of my exams. It was dreadful. :/

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
While this site is not a good representation it doesn't change the fact that people (previous students and students who sat the exams) think most exams this year were easier than previous years exams.

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
Yer I completely agree with what the others said...
Just beacuse the majority of members from Bored of Studies find an exam easy does not mean that it was an easy exam this year... This is because most of the members here actually study and 'try' in their exams...
Since most members here said that english paper was moderate-hard... it probably means that this year's english paper was one of the hardest evey created! Hence a low cut off...
If the majority of people find an exam extremely easy... it means that the exam's diffculty is probably moderate-easy.
If the majority of people say that it was one of the worst exams they have seen... usually means the paper was hard-extremely hard.... and you get the point....
So basically don't pay great attention to comments made by other people on the forums about mark cut off's etc... as most of the time they are wrong and the cut off is generally lower...
For example, last year in the biology thread... they were predicting the cut off to be around 83/84 but the actual cut off as we now know was 79... and I don't think the BOS' people would make each exam paper 'easy' this year in comparison to previous years as the cut off usually stays within +-5 each year.
For the biology exam... which was commented as a relatively easy exam... turned out to be quite diffcult for 5 students at my school who walked out after just attempting the multiple choice only. So I guess the 'easiness' of exams varies across people as some are well prepared than others and tend to do relatively better... just like the majority of members here in Bored of Studies...

Last edited:

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
While this site is not a good representation it doesn't change the fact that people (previous students and students who sat the exams) think most exams this year were easier than previous years exams.
Thats because previous students think they could've gotten a lot higher this year... I bet it will be the same story for us next year when we see the paper again... we will be like 'damn... this year's paper is so easy compared to our's from last year'... lol
^ That happens each year...

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Thats because previous students think they could've gotten a lot higher this year... I bet it will be the same story for us next year when we see the paper again... we will be like 'damn... this year's paper is so easy compared to our's from last year'... lol
^ That happens each year...
There is a certain amount of that lol - but it can't completely explain it. I thought along the same lines last year, but sure enough when cut offs became available subjects which had "easy" exams were lower than the years before.

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
I find the english exams most dreadful..... paper 1 was hard and simply gay...... i didn't like anything...... paper 2 was a bit hard, but i could enjoy it better

Aysce

HSC
Yup, as others have said, this website is not an accurate representation of the whole student body in the state. Personally, I found english paper 1 to be a mild struggle, but other exams have been alright :) Hoping I went well :haha:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)