Is University overrated these days? (1 Viewer)

John555

HSC
No..Only good Universities are Go8's.
There are a lot of good Universities which are not GO8. It really depends on your field. For example Curtin is great at geophysics while UWA (GO8) is not as good.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
But what about it's many high acheiving graduates. For example many of Australia's top journalists are graduates, people such as Andrew Denton.

Sultun

Banned
HSC
N/A
But what about it's many high acheiving graduates. For example many of Australia's top journalists are graduates, people such as Andrew Denton.
Why are you focusing on outliers. Look at the broad trends. Go8= Good. Others= No Good.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Well I'm not aware of that broad trend existing apart from you saying that trend exists, there, in your post, which appears immediately above this post.

Sultun

Banned
HSC
N/A
Well I'm not aware of that broad trend existing apart from you saying that trend exists, there, in your post, which appears immediately above this post.
Do I have to educate you on why Stanford is a better institution that attracts a high caliber student than Wogga Wogga BoonyDoon TAFE aswell?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
That's a strawman argument.

I don't think any Australian university is equivalent to stanford, and nor is csu equivalent to a vocational training institute.

Sultun

Banned
HSC
N/A
Clearly, the point that I was making is above you.
Go to CSU, no one cares, it's your life.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
For someone who doesn't care, you sure spend a lot of time telling people where to study.

Sultun

Banned
HSC
N/A
For someone who doesn't care, you sure spend a lot of time telling people where to study.
Clearly you have some inferiority issues. If you are so content with going to CSU why are you trying to justify your choices to online strangers?

rajputsingh

HSC
The Go8 uni's are not exclusively the best. Other uni's like Macquarie are not far off and in some case better in certain fields then some of the Go8 universities.

rx34

HSC
Clearly you have some inferiority issues. If you are so content with going to CSU why are you trying to justify your choices to online strangers?
Lol Sultun, you're really fired up when it comes to arguing and comebacks. Anyway, it's not like that's a bad thing.

rx34

HSC
The Go8 uni's are not exclusively the best. Other uni's like Macquarie are not far off and in some case better in certain fields then some of the Go8 universities.
Please explain :) What is Macquarie better in compared to Melbourne University, UNSW and USyd?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
In no way have I tried to justify the choice of this university over any other university at any point, I posted it as an open question and my intention was entirely honest in that I would have accepted reasonable criticism and been open to possibly reevaluating my intentions if you could provide convincing argument founded in referenced empirical evidence as to why pursuing a course at this university is unwise.

I am neither content nor discontent with a potential future of attendance at this institution, my sense of self worth does not rest upon this distinction and I only pursue an honest answer in the interest of knowledge and making an informed choice.

Aside from broad lame aspersions, you failed to provide any reliable evidence to influence my opinion on the subject.

SFinspired

HSC
Clearly, the point that I was making is above you.
Go to CSU, no one cares, it's your life.
You also need to consider the factor of what you want to study in university. CSU has the best communications/journalism in Australia, closely followed by UTS. However, the UAI at UTS is very high because so much demand is pouring in.

My 2 cens

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Sultan is such an idiot.

Graney is trolling him lol

+1

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Hi Graney didn't you go to UNCLE before? For an honest opinion on what you're going to study at CSU you should mention what degree you want to do. I think its fair to say that degrees in commerce, law, anything corporate related will be uncompetitive when compared to the Go8. But CSU and other non Go8 universities have niche degrees. Like journalism, the health degrees, dentistry, and also mining, geology etc. Likewise, an arts or science degree will be just as good at CSU than Go8.
Yeah what I'm doing, CSU is the only university in NSW that offers the course and it leads to pretty much a guaranteed job.

I'm just really bored.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)