Is UNSW arts 78.00 or 80.00 for us ? (1 Viewer)

Another

HSC
N/A
I thought we were the last year that could enter with 78.00 but apparently it was last year, not this year which is 80.

Can someone confirm?

D94

HSC
N/A
Those cut-offs you see were for 2013 starting students. They have absolutely no impact on the cut-offs for 2014 starting students.

You cannot predict a cut-off. Cut-offs are determined after offers have been released. If a certain program accepts 300 students, then the ATAR of the 300th student becomes the cut-off (by definition, really).

So really, you cannot even be 100% certain whether you get into a program or not.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
Those cut-offs you see were for 2013 starting students. They have absolutely no impact on the cut-offs for 2014 starting students.

You cannot predict a cut-off. Cut-offs are determined after offers have been released. If a certain program accepts 300 students, then the ATAR of the 300th student becomes the cut-off (by definition, really).

So really, you cannot even be 100% certain whether you get into a program or not.
I think OP could be referring to the minimum 80 atar cut off for the lowest course (which is usually arts, even though theoretically it could go to even 99 atar cutoff for arts)

Edit: at unsw

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
I thought we were the last year that could enter with 78.00 but apparently it was last year, not this year which is 80.

Can someone confirm?
unsw said from this year no course will have a cut off below 80

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
But if you are eligible for bonus points you can still get in even if your ATAR is below 80.

Kittikhun

HSC
Actually, I think I read somewhere that 80 is the minimum regardless of bonus points. I think it was in a diatribe against the uni from a student writer in Tharunka (I think that's how you spell it, and yes, I do read it) or in an SMH article. I'm not sure though, and I may be wrong, but hunch says that this is the case.

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
Actually, I think I read somewhere that 80 is the minimum regardless of bonus points. I think it was in a diatribe against the uni from a student writer in Tharunka (I think that's how you spell it, and yes, I do read it) or in an SMH article. I'm not sure though, and I may be wrong, but hunch says that this is the case.
i heard about this aswell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)