• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is Usyd really like this? (2 Viewers)

leslie229

HSC
Oh it's not that it's unbelievable but do lecture amounts really wane significantly.. and the co-op bookshop sucks as much as that person says? Plus people handing pamphlets out, sounds so commercial

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
leslie229 said:
Oh it's not that it's unbelievable but do lecture amounts really wane significantly.. and the co-op bookshop sucks as much as that person says? Plus people handing pamphlets out, sounds so commercial
No. Its very usual.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
leslie229 said:
It's even worse when they're smelly hippies.

leslie229

HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
You'd go to co-op bookshop like twice or three times per year. It's not that much of a problem. Yes, the lines are crazy at the beginning, but co-op bookshop is so quiet after the first two or three weeks of uni. Texts in the City is a better shop. They are slightly cheaper.

Yes, people do stop going to lectures, but it depends on how good or bad the lecturer is. I had a terrible math lecture last semester, and his lecture theatre became very empty. I went to a different one on at the same time, and the lecture theatre was packed to the point where people had to sit on stairs, and it was like that until the end of semester.
maybe it's not so bad then, lol. there's so much i don't know. either way i'm still excited to start usyd

leslie229

HSC
ok im scared again by that update lmao! uni sounds so political.. like unless you have a point of view on politics you won't fit in. is this true?

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
That blog's cool; I might make one like that...a photo blog.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
you learn very quickly that in order to avoid the pamphleteers, you just need to go around wentworth rather than through it, across city road, then down behind Madsen , down past physics and across the oval to get to class. It works quite well for me.... although i do get nabbed coming up the stairs from redfern just before the sushi shop... i guess i could detour through engineering....but that would make going around wentowrth more effort filled...

Those people in faculties that actually do work (ie Vet, Med, probably engo too) dont get harrassed as much. No one ever bothers coming down to the vet faculty, we never get speakers in our lectures or anything, even during election time.

Haha, my boyfriend almost got beaten up for saying "Bloody arts students" as we walked past the pamphleteers, and then he said loudly "i suppose they have to do something to fill in their time". And then we ran... i didnt particularly want to die that day. Haha, they looked so mad though... I guess the truth always hurts.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
rather than go around the world, these two words might help .............."no thanks"

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
funny how everyone always thinks they're Arts students.....for all you know they could be doing a B Pharm.
oh wait...sorry...if they're dumb enough to hand out pamphlets then they MUST do an arts degree since it's oh so easy. sorry. my bad.

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
Hahah the arts students strike back!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
grk_styl said:
funny how everyone always thinks they're Arts students.....for all you know they could be doing a B Pharm.
oh wait...sorry...if they're dumb enough to hand out pamphlets then they MUST do an arts degree since it's oh so easy. sorry. my bad.
I think the implication had more to do with contact hours than the general intelligence level of the arts faculty.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
melbournian said:
Why do people from Vet Science think they are all high and might, because they have lots of contact hours. I find that a lot of vet science students like putting people down who do other degrees. Well quite frankly, Im glad im not sticking my hand up are horses arse, but thats just me.
even though i have a lot of contact hours i agree with your post! mambomeg you can't say that med, vet and engo are the only faculties that 'actually do work' that's honestly silly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)