Is usyd worth it? (1 Viewer)

bookshelf1

HSC
N/A
Hi, Im currently studying at MQ B.App Finance and B. Prof Acct and got offered a place in USYD B.com. If i do transfer to USYD b.com i only receive 4/8 of my credits. In the grand scheme of things would transferring be worth it?

Ununoctium

Che barba
HSC
No, definitely not if you're going to be losing credit.

HSC
Im in the same situation but got 5/8 of my credits recognized, no point imo especially Macquarie has a good enough reputation for Business thats an entire half year youll be graduating later and be behind everyone else

pHyRe

HSC
Hi, Im currently studying at MQ B.App Finance and B. Prof Acct and got offered a place in USYD B.com. If i do transfer to USYD b.com i only receive 4/8 of my credits. In the grand scheme of things would transferring be worth it?
so that would be an extra semester? i.e. 3.5 years instead of 3 years

i think yes it would be worth it, as long as you dont hate uni and are very comfortable with spending the extra time at uni

to compensate for not being at a Go8 uni youd need higher marks and a touch more work experience i would guess, if you can do all of them then you'll be in good stead for internships/grad positions

bookshelf1

HSC
N/A
I just checked with the current usyd course outline and since ill be majoring in ACCT and FINANCE none of my credits will align with the course outline. Essentially I would have no credits transferred, althought USYD does have an industry placement program whilst MACQ doesnt and USYD does have more of an active social life than MACQ. Would the extra year be worth it?

pHyRe

HSC
I just checked with the current usyd course outline and since ill be majoring in ACCT and FINANCE none of my credits will align with the course outline. Essentially I would have no credits transferred, althought USYD does have an industry placement program whilst MACQ doesnt and USYD does have more of an active social life than MACQ. Would the extra year be worth it?
i'd be leaning towards no, the extra year would not be worth it. it might be if your first year at uni was crap markswise or you hate macq but doesnt sound like either are the case. might be best to just stay at macquarie and finish in 2 years time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)