Is UWS really as bad as everyone gives it credit for?? (1 Viewer)

theind1996

HSC
N/A
I fink UWS is a pre good uni, I know a lot of smart ppl who go there...Most of ppl will agree wif me; UWS is one the best unis in the world...and it is way better than UNSW and USYD :)

lol jks :p
Thanks for the insightful post buddy.

I'm really admiring your spelling skills too.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
A lot of people who study at uws, tend to just bludge and be a nuisance to everyone else who actually wants to learn.

Low atar requirements do attract a lot of these people. fml.
Yes - it's somewhat like the selective school v. local public school debate.

enoilgam

HSC
Yes - it's somewhat like the selective school v. local public school debate.
I was thinking the same thing as well - there are a few similarities.

A lot of people who study at uws, tend to just bludge and be a nuisance to everyone else who actually wants to learn.

I go to a uni with really low cut-offs and to be honest, I havent noticed this at all. Sure, the calibre of students probably isnt as good as UNSW or USyd, but I find that overall, most people are very motivated and dedicated to their studies. I think the overall learning environment is very positive.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A

That is true, but your other statement isn't 100% correct. Usually the people who attend uni's with low ATAR requirements do bludge, however, not everyone bludges. Sure they aren't as 'academic' as the people @ UNSW or USYD. But that doesn't mean they bludge because remember that these people chose the course they like, i.e. they will work as it's part of their interest. Now, I will give you a case scenario (this is just one person) but a close friend a few years ago got 93.25 ATAR, which is good without a doubt. But he decided to go to University of Notre Dame (Religious University) because of two reasons: 1) Friend is going there 2) He is a spiritual type person. So, does that make sense now? Just to summarize everything, low atar uni's doesn't mean bludgers.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Seriously I looked at the course for engineering at UWS and it really is terrible.
yep. Even worse than UShit.

I looked at the Advanced Science courses at UWS and I was like: "no maths major?! what even"
You have to do BSc(Adv Maths) for that, don't you?

And also, the Maths there is really babyishly easy from what I've heard. My friend got like low 80s for mathematics and is getting HD/D marks.

Its in middle of nowhere, 4 hour round trip for their med interview, no thanks -.-
15 minute drive from my house.

:/

what, four hours away? I thought the med course was at the parra campus??
Campbelltown is the place to be.

That's why the *good* advanced science majors are only offered at campbelltown.

That is true, but your other statement isn't 100% correct. Usually the people who attend uni's with low ATAR requirements do bludge, however, not everyone bludges. Sure they aren't as 'academic' as the people @ UNSW or USYD. But that doesn't mean they bludge because remember that these people chose the course they like, i.e. they will work as it's part of their interest. Now, I will give you a case scenario (this is just one person) but a close friend a few years ago got 93.25 ATAR, which is good without a doubt. But he decided to go to University of Notre Dame (Religious University) because of two reasons: 1) Friend is going there 2) He is a spiritual type person. So, does that make sense now? Just to summarize everything, low atar uni's doesn't mean bludgers.
1) 93.25 isn't that good
2) Him choosing a uni based on a friend going there and because of its religious affiliation shows that he isn't that bright.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
1) 93.25 isn't that good 2) Him choosing a uni based on a friend going there and because of its religious affiliation shows that he isn't that bright.
C'mon, 93.25 I know is not 'super' but at least it's a good ATAR. And secondly, it's not nice to actually offend him. He is quite a nice person, and respects other peoples ideas and beliefs. I'm not saying that he is very 'bright' but at least he did his best. I guess you probably aren't religious then... atheist? Anyways, I'm not religious but still... Oh by the way you are a very narrow minded individual (no offence).

theind1996

HSC
N/A
C'mon, 93.25 I know is not 'super' but at least it's a good ATAR. And secondly, it's not nice to actually offend him. He is quite a nice person, and respects other peoples ideas and beliefs. I'm not saying that he is very 'bright' but at least he did his best. I guess you probably aren't religious then... atheist? Anyways, I'm not religious but still... Oh by the way you are a very narrow minded individual (no offence).
String together your thoughts properly and then comment.

And cut out this crap.

Stay on topic.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Narrow minded or 100% correct?

Rob Schneider decide

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
C'mon, 93.25 I know is not 'super' but at least it's a good ATAR.

And secondly, it's not nice to actually offend him. He is quite a nice person, and respects other peoples ideas and beliefs. I'm not saying that he is very 'bright' but at least he did his best. I guess you probably aren't religious then... atheist? Anyways, I'm not religious but still... Oh by the way you are a very narrow minded individual (no offence).
It's not like they had a plethora of choices of good degrees at good unis.
They couldn't do law anywhere apart from Notre Dame and UWS. Couldn't do advanced science anywhere other than UWS. Etc.

How was that offensive?
I just find it silly that based on the religious affiliation of a university you would go there, when you could go somewhere that is supposedly better, offerers a better programme, etc. and still get all your religious needs fulfilled via the religious societies on campus, bible groups, church on weekends or whenever, etc.
Also, I wouldn't go to a Uni just because my friend was going there either.
I chose to go to usyd even though my friend was going to UWS and they offered me a $5k/year scholarship, just because I thought USyd was better, and I sort of wanted to keep maths for a little bit longer, and wanted to do engineering and science where the programmes weren't completely shit.
I don't think either of the things your friend considered deciding factors are factors an intelligent individual would consider deciding factors, because he could probs see his friend on the weekend, plus all the stuff I said above about religious stuff.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
It's not like they had a plethora of choices of good degrees at good unis.
They couldn't do law anywhere apart from Notre Dame and UWS. Couldn't do advanced science anywhere other than UWS. Etc.

How was that offensive?
I just find it silly that based on the religious affiliation of a university you would go there, when you could go somewhere that is supposedly better, offerers a better programme, etc. and still get all your religious needs fulfilled via the religious societies on campus, bible groups, church on weekends or whenever, etc.
Also, I wouldn't go to a Uni just because my friend was going there either.
I chose to go to usyd even though my friend was going to UWS and they offered me a $5k/year scholarship, just because I thought USyd was better, and I sort of wanted to keep maths for a little bit longer, and wanted to do engineering and science where the programmes weren't completely shit.
I don't think either of the things your friend considered deciding factors are factors an intelligent individual would consider deciding factors, because he could probs see his friend on the weekend, plus all the stuff I said above about religious stuff.
Technically I would agree with you, but since he is my friend... then other things are taken into account. You have an extremely good point (psh you aren't narrow minded). Honestly it was quite a un-rational decision he made, sorry for anything I said that you took offensively as I didn't intentionally mean it.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
hahha i went to law revue tonight

3 uws is shit jokes

hehehehehehehehehehe

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Technically I would agree with you, but since he is my friend... then other things are taken into account. You have an extremely good point (psh you aren't narrow minded). Honestly it was quite a un-rational decision he made, sorry for anything I said that you took offensively as I didn't intentionally mean it.
"I have absolutely no counter-point to the issues you have raised and concede that your point is correct

But I won't admit it"

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
The more important question to be asked in regards to these kinds of threads (a million of them a year) is not that "ogm is uws sooooo bad?!??!?!?!?" but rather: "Are UNSW and Sydney as good as they're made to be?"

HSC
The more important question to be asked in regards to these kinds of threads (a million of them a year) is not that "ogm is uws sooooo bad?!??!?!?!?" but rather: "Are UNSW and Sydney as good as they're made to be?"
koksmith pls

i g3ts da 93 aterz point and go 2 unsw evn though it tak 4 hoyrs by horse drawn carig

bt iz k

cuz unsw sed dai g3t me a jerb at g0ldm3n sukz w3n i finish comm3rce

den i mek so much money i bi a lambo wit da body made fr0m kompacted lambos wil doez p33ps at uwSUCKS wurk at maccerzzzzz

infoleather

HSC
Long scholars must be based on research and publication record. It is usually on the older universities prestigeous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)