Is worth it to go to orientation week and are you going? (1 Viewer)

Going?

• yes

Votes: 29 80.6%
  • no

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters

D94

HSC
N/A
while I have your attention kind sir, can I eat in lectures??? Please excuse my misuse of punctuation but this is a very important question that I am gathering a general consensus for.
You'll get a feel for if you should or shouldn't, but you can (or at least, no one will stop you - although, I did have 1 lecturer who would death stare at you if you did eat).

If it's dead silent, then obviously anything with a plastic wrapper will draw a lot of attention to you.

If it's a large lecture theatre, then go for it. People will hardly notice, unless your food is catastrophically stinky.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
You'll get a feel for if you should or shouldn't, but you can (or at least, no one will stop you - although, I did have 1 lecturer who would death stare at you if you did eat).

If it's dead silent, then obviously anything with a plastic wrapper will draw a lot of attention to you.

If it's a large lecture theatre, then go for it. People will hardly notice, unless your food is catastrophically stinky.
Okay thanks

*Crosses boiled egg & sardine sandwich off of lunch list*

AllTogether

HSC
Go to O-Week! Mining engineering society is has lots of activities throughout semester like BBQ's near the VG all the time. So it's definitely worth going and meeting other people in your course

boat460

65 WAM Prop Trader
HSC
brahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh go
i get my years worth of free stuff in 1 day.
tbh go on the first few days, things tend to run out towards the end. den u go home empty :'(

sadpwner

HSC
N/A
How about their academic events? I am looking to attend:
Introduction to essay writing
Reading and writing critically
Developing academic arguments

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
tfw your orientation "week" is a two hour period on one day </3
well yeah we told you to go to unsw but nooooooooooooooo

Anyway O-Week is gr8

I'll be doing stall stuff this year but I'll be sure to walk around and join tons of clubs and societies

Kaido

be.
HSC
Where would the bsoc stall be located? Need dem tickets

photastic

HSC
Where would the bsoc stall be located? Need dem tickets
Last year it was on the main walkway towards the globe lawn (at the corner next to the international student centre).

froogle

HSC
N/A
grab free things at oweek.

also, you meet lots of random people that you add to facebook and never, ever see again.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
grab free things at oweek.

also, you meet lots of random people that you add to facebook and never, ever see again.
i'm hoping to meet lots of cute white gurls and hopefully one of them will be awesome and we can do beautiful things together <3

BoredNearGrad

HSC
N/A
Why not, join up on some on society you might be keen on and then probably never show up. Play some games with randoms and maybe make new friends. Hit up the O-week party. Met my ex gf there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)