• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is writing about 600 words enough for a 40 min essay? (1 Viewer)

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
Just practice writing the same couple of essays over and over again... so the even if you're mind goes blank, you'll still be writing. :p
HEY THAT'S TRUE....there's 2 types of blanks:
1. As above wif flyin.
2. Total blankness...like ukno a quote but the words are mixed wrongly and u forget what the hell ur doin and what question and why ..........aww......well not that much.

For numb 1. thats trueeeeee.....sometimes i write not thinking at all cos i memorised something...the words just flow on.
But numb 2. is worse for me. :)

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
i know someone who wrote 2.5 a4 pages for his essay.. and he got full marks... but he writes heaps tiny.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
well i even think that 800 words isnt enough... because 800 words is 1 1/2 pages typed which is only about 3 pages A4 written... and 3 pages writen usually isnt sufficient enough to get the marks... well thats what ive heard anyway.....
I type up my practice essays on the computer and they are usually about 2- 2 1/4 pages whcih equates to about 4 pages writen... and even that isnt all that much.... ohh by the way thats uaulyl about 1200 words....

haz_it_all

DAzed- i dont think u shuld be practicing typing ur essays on pc cuz in the test u'll be handwriting......better off letting ur hand get used to the pain of writing for 2hours straight

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
no i dont practice writing them.... i type them up first because i find that easier or if i have to hand one in as homework after the completion of a module... then i fixed them up before the trials... printed them off and then i practice writing them out by hand... first i copy them and slowly work towards being to do it without looking... and ive found that my essays cant be more that 2 1/4 pages on the comp cause i cant write more than that in 40 minutes

Mazey

Yeh i gotta admit i cant write more than 4 A4 pages

Teachers told us we were on the right track if we can write a page in (at THE MOST) 10 mins. So i guess that makes sense 4 pages= 40 mins.

swordfish

its gotta be better to have a finished essay thats a bit short rather than a ten page thing without a conclusion! I take the same approach with the number of texts i talk about- i figure that one additional text done well is better than three done badly.
I've been practising the 'essay in 40 minute' thing though....i wrote 1 every day in the holidays and during the week of stuvac...now its time to give my poor little hand a rest until monday.
Does anyone else end up with indecipherable writing by the last page?

wog10

WTF....whats this 400 600 word essay bullshit?
each essay u shoud be writing 1200 + if you want to get the marks!

haz_it_all

Originally posted by wog10
WTF....whats this 400 600 word essay bullshit?
each essay u shoud be writing 1200 + if you want to get the marks!
spot on buddy :) i jus did the 2001 HSC Paper 2 (2hrs) and wrote 16 A4 pages...thats about 5 and a bit a4 pages each module.........i think u shuld be able to get around 4 a4pages done AT LEAST..im guna stop typing cuz my hand really hurts

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by haz_it_all
spot on buddy :) i jus did the 2001 HSC Paper 2 (2hrs) and wrote 16 A4 pages...thats about 5 and a bit a4 pages each module.........i think u shuld be able to get around 4 a4pages done AT LEAST..im guna stop typing cuz my hand really hurts
yeah, thats cool...u'll prolly fill out 30 hsc pages for sure.:)

haz_it_all

how many pages in each booklet thingy??? i heard the lines are really spaced out.....how many booklets do we get before we start??? and wat happens if like we finish one booklet but u still gotta write more for the same module, do u jus continue in the next booklet????? wow so many q's :p

Jeo

We used HSC booklets in our trials. Its pretty easy to fill up one booklet per module. Yes, the lines are spaced out alot.

tempco

HSC
I've never actually written in one of them booklets.. only A4 sheets.. well, there's a first time for everything!

Jeo

I would say 1 A4 = 2 pages in HSC booklet, maybe even more.

tempco

HSC
WOW! That's great.. If the booklets are 8 pages, I'd be able to fill it up in 40 minutes! Heavy booklet = good impression :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)