Is year 11 & 12 really that hard? (1 Viewer)

iBibah

HSC

Focus is Key

HSC
The Maths CONTENT you learn in Preliminary year may be assessed in the HSC (not sure on the exact percentage but I remember hearing somewhere max 30% externally). Your results in Year 11 have no bearing on your HSC. In Maths you just need to be aware that Prelim content will definitely be in the HSC examination and possibly internal examinations too.

R

RishadM

The difficulty of the HSC is definitely over rated - I remember seeing the year 12's doing their HSC when I was in the lower grades and I was under the impression is was super hardcore and they had all just walked out of something they had spent sleepless nights studying for. But that's not the case at all, the most nervous I felt about the HSC was at the start of year 11 - because it feels like a really big deal and all our teachers gave us 'importance of HSC' speeches at the start of our prelim subjects. But really - over 2 years, you become more laidback and start taking it more casually. Apart from maybe the actual testing periods, I actually liked year 12.
It's not a quarter as bad as people make it out to seem - like the ATAR is a magical number that sticks with you 'til the end of time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)