Islam and World Peace - specific examples. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindaya

HSC
I can't find any. The texts books don't give any examples, just relating world peace to the Five Pillars of faith, or they crap on about how inner peace leads to world peace :S. Google doesn't help much either, because anything to do with world peace is just some justification of why Islam isn't bad post 9/11 reactions to the tradition. Any examples would be appreciated thanks

Jbass

HSC
Yeah, that's true David.

I found 'IFLAC' --> "International Forum for the Literature and Culture of Peace", where while it doesn't have 'Islam' in its name, its founder was a Muslim (Ada Aharoni). Would that not be specific enough to Muslims?
The site says;
THE MAIN GOALS OF IFLAC
To strive toward the promotion of peace and mutual respect between people and nations.
To promote social, cultural and religious tolerance between people. To eliminate violence in all its forms.
To organize peace culture researchers, writers, intellectuals and friends of literature.
To encourage creativity that promotes culture and peace

I'm not sure if that would be relatable enough to Islam's contribution to world peace, but I think it can be mentioned.

There's also an essay by 'Sheikh Abdul Haq' called "Islam's Contribution to the Peace of the World". I haven't actually read through it YET, but there may be some examples in there. He's a Muslim author, so you may be able to reference him in the exam...? Dunno...

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
What do you define as world peace?

Islam holds a belief that all people are one, created equal and are gods people. Hence, even in warfare fighting is only authorised in defence, and even then there is no "enemy", the opposing army is to be considered as "ones own".

If you consider world peace to mean equality and justice, then Islam contributes to that. Women have had the right to vote in Islam for over 14 centuries.

If you consider world peace to mean non-aggression, and distribution of wealth, then Islam supports and contributes to that. (Zakat)

Even the day-to-day greeting which is used by all Islamic people towards others and to each other is "As-Salaam Alaikum" which means "Peace be unto you", and the response to that is always "Wa-Alaikum As-Salaam" which means "And unto you Peace".

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Islam and world peace is a joke. The problem is not Islamic people, it is us Western people who now stereotype them as terrorists post 9/11.

Lindaya

HSC
sam04u said:
What do you define as world peace?

Islam holds a belief that all people are one, created equal and are gods people. Hence, even in warfare fighting is only authorised in defence, and even then there is no "enemy", the opposing army is to be considered as "ones own".

If you consider world peace to mean equality and justice, then Islam contributes to that. Women have had the right to vote in Islam for over 14 centuries.

If you consider world peace to mean non-aggression, and distribution of wealth, then Islam supports and contributes to that. (Zakat)

Even the day-to-day greeting which is used by all Islamic people towards others and to each other is "As-Salaam Alaikum" which means "Peace be unto you", and the response to that is always "Wa-Alaikum As-Salaam" which means "And unto you Peace".
lol yeh i know that stuff, but like... thats what i kinda mean, you can pretty much take that info and twist inner/world peace etc. I was hoping for 'specific specific' examples... not just the theory behind it. I think i'll just use Islamic relations organisations and say their contributing to world peace ehy.... LOL i was looking through interfaith dialogue today, and it had a 'fun fact' saying Cardinal George Pell labelled Islam as a religion encouraging violence in 2006 haha

klaratiara

HSC
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbarnes
Islam is a joke. The problem is Islamic people, terrorists.

fixed

open your eyes and stop being such an ignorant person

tutorman

HSC
davidbarnes said:
Islam and world peace is a joke. The problem is not Islamic people, it is us Western people who now stereotype them as terrorists post 9/11.
No, you are wrong.

It is a combination:

- Fundamentalists AND
- Racists

You have to remember it's not a binary option...there is a scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)