Islam Discussion (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
You haven't estbalished that there are no aliens living among us either :)

The onus is on you to show that you're right, not for us to prove you wrong.

gerhard

HSC
science and faith did NOT work well together during the renaissance you douchebags.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
MoonlightSonata said:

It is afterall Zahid not us who is going out of his way to go to paradise. I for sure would want to be able to prove that all the effort was worth it - that is that there was indeed a paradise-like reward.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
Athetist believe nothin (god, creator ,etc) is there.. [from a psychological perspective also are the most unhappy]
Wasn't it Marx who said that religion was the opium of the masses? :)

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
MoonlightSonata said:

You know what moonlight...just give me some time man..please give me some time...let me finish 2 more of my HSc exams..and i swear man I will dig out all the answers to your questions.

Liberal Scum

Banned
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
Athetist believe nothin (god, creator ,etc) is there.. [from a psychological perspective also are the most unhappy]...
I'd rather be an unhappy and enlightened than happy and naive.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
A pessimist is always pleasantly suprised an optimist is doomed to eternal disappointment.

Pixydust*

t0mmy said:
- Anything else you little bitches don't like about Australia. We are the greatest country in the world because we carry AUSTRALIA'S values, NOT THE MIDDLE EAST'S VALUES.
Im gonna be a total bitch and say wtf is wrong with you? Were you lying in some gutter drunk having a 'barbie' when we introduced the concept of MULTICULTURALISM and TOLERANCE into Australia?!!! Bloody idiot. To be Australian is to be any fuckin culture and belong.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
you have to draw a line and decide what elements of what culture are defined as 'australian'. even though we are a multicultural society, you cannot come to australia and expect everything to be the same as where you came from. my parents learnt that when they first came here and its worked perfectly.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Refer to Asquithan's cultural baseline theorem. Possibly hard to find because of his paranoia....

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
blackfriday said:
you have to draw a line and decide what elements of what culture are defined as 'australian'. even though we are a multicultural society, you cannot come to australia and expect everything to be the same as where you came from. my parents learnt that when they first came here and its worked perfectly.
well said.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
could you please re-explain your cultural baseline theorem very briefly because theres 14 pages in this thread and its not an efficient task to look for it when you're still on dial-up.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Please note I am referring to the real Asquithan - not AM's troll. I believe that the erasure of his presence may have included the erasure of his cultural baseline theorem. I will recap briefly (If someone else remembers better please correct me):

Multiculturalism does NOT rely upon a recieving culture abandoning all of its customs/morays/etc it relies upon them accepting diversity in the community and on incoming members adhering to a cultural baseline. eg for immigrants to adhere to certain norms/morays of the recieving culture whilst maintaining their own cultural identity.

For example immigrants to Australia need to accept as a cultural baseline equality, our justice system, democracy, freedoms and rights various. If they do not then they will fail to integrate, if the recieving culture wants them to do more then they are asking them to assimilate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)