• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ISP- Fun fun fun. Religon and music/literature. (1 Viewer)

escape

Similar to many other people posting on the Studies of Religion forum, I have to begin organising (really should have already started) my ISP.

I had my question all worked out term four last year. I was planning on looking at Religion and Literature- or more specifically:

"Evaluate apects of religion within contemporary society as reflected in Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale"

I recently read the novel in question, with my ISP in mind. HOWEVER, my severe lack of knowledge of Christian doctrine makes it hard for me to actually write a whole paper on it. eep.

My other (vague) idea was to do with Religion and Music. I was thinking of looking at various contemporary artists and how they use music to express their beliefs and possibly interviewing people about how they are affected by music... Once again, this idea is really vague and broad as yet.

Now, i was wondering if anyone could possibly give me a few ideas, or share with me what they're doing or have done etc. I am feeling QUITE bewildered by it all.

Thankyou all in advance! I really appreciate any help.

---T.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
all i have to say is that you have a mad writing style. you will go far with it!

the music one - i don't know how accepted interviews would be.

i like the first question. can you research the parts you don't know? it'll all be logged in your log book, they'll knwo youve gone to a lot of trouble

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
If it were me, I would go for the second question as its a little more concrete. You will have to narrow it down a little.
In my eperience:
* interviews are fine (I prefer them) as you have gone out and done somethingas oppossed to using a book from home- especially if the ppl you interview are "experts" in the field (ie dont interview students from your school unless its necessary.
Some suggestions include: Amanda McKenna and anyone from the Hillsongs group.
* Literature questions *can* become book reviews and ppl tend to miss the point of their own question (especially if you are trying to link to Christian doctrine which you are not familiar with.....-Urgh!) + you are relying on other ppl's views (which are more critical reflections sometimes based upon ignorance as they dont really know what the "book" is about ie they are assuming). Unless you can contact the author, I wouldnt do literature unless you are really sure about the why and when of the writing.
My 2 cents worth............

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)