Israel–Gaza conflict (4 Viewers)

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
Are we reading the same article? Do you crazy kids just make shit up now and bend reality to go with what goes on in your head?
Sorry i just watched it on the news, search for the article yourself, it'll be all over the place soon anyway.

Schroedinger said:
I hear the Israelis are also bayonetting children and drinking their blood!
I wont be remotely surprised if that were to happen.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Schroedinger said:
No need for racism, though, is it?

Google translate if you're worried.
But who's racist? All she noted is Australia is an English speaking country and English should be used. If one insist on using Hebrew they should use it in their own country where it has some use.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Exphate said:
Since when was English THE INTERNATIONAL LANGUAGE
I thought it was elected as the International language by the United Nation. Official United Nation documents and announcements are done in English. Why do you ask??

cxlxoxk

HSC
chewy123 said:
But who's racist? All she noted is Australia is an English speaking country and English should be used. If one insist on using Hebrew they should use it in their own country where it has some use.
That is just short of Pauline Hanson - One Nation or White Australia Policy.

If one insist on using Hebrew they should use it in their own country where it has some use.

If one insist on using Hindi they should use it in their own country where it has some use.

If one insist on using Chinese they should use it in their own country where it has some use.

If one insist on using Japanese they should use it in their own country where it has some use.

If one insist on using Spanish they should use it in their own country where it has some use.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
cxlxoxk said:
That is just short of Pauline Hanson - One Nation...
How many people on boredofstudies can read Hebrew??? The Hebrew poster is OBVIOUSLY being unpleasant.

It's like me talking behind you using another language, no many people like it.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Exphate said:
Anyone who uses a language other than English should just fuck off.
If they use it in an inappropriate place and time then why not.

cxlxoxk

HSC
Exphate said:
Yeah. Good point though.

Anyone who uses a language other than English should just fuck off.
I say you fuck off...it is people like you who are hindering good international relations.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Exphate said:
Any place is inappropriate.

We are an English speaking nation after all!
If you are teaching Hebrew in Australia then it's okay, if you are speaking Hebrew to someone who knows Hebrew it is okay too.
Schroedinger noted that if you don't know Hebrew you are a philistine.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
I think it's an untenable intellectual exercise to automatically imply that soldiers will engage in infanticide. Whether your response was intended to be dry or not, it comes across as the same mindset that motivates those on both sides to commit atrocities. Cynicism will deepen this wound, not seal it.
errrrr, i was just playing along hey :/

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Exphate said:
But the use of foreign languages is more often than not for personal interaction, not for educational purposes.
Not wanting to split hair. In this occasion calling someone a philistine for not knowing Hebrew is obviously wrong! I don't know what you are fussing about.

If I was in a Hebrew function and could not understand Hebrew then scolding me would be justifiable. But this is not the case here.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Exphate said:
Where's your freedom of expression now?
Insults and slander is not protected under freedom of expression.

cxlxoxk

HSC
Exphate said:
Come on now, I'm just running with what chewy has stated, and yet, you haven't lambusted him now have you!

But srsly, can't help it. Schooled in the shire.
I believe the term is lambasted, not lambusted, learn to spell.

Australia might be a majority English speaking nation, but it is also a multicultural one too. We have several people who don't speak english well, nor are from English speaking countries but do help our economy, many of them work with minimum wage and accept this!

fixed: speak English well*

Last edited:

bigb0yjames

HSC
the only people that may not be able to speak English are first generation immigrants. any generation beyond that who cannot speak English must be living in a fucking jungle.

cxlxoxk

HSC
Well considering you speak English well...you should be able to pride yourself with spelling it well...just as any person who speaks Chinese as a main language should be able to pride himself with speaking/writing it well.

cxlxoxk

HSC
Exphate said:
I can spell English.

See:

ENGLISH.

I do apologise for not having 100% accuracy with my spelling.

But I have no pride in my ability to spell.
Well i do, with mine. Maybe it's because my parents (i was born here however) are from a non-English speaking background. Hmmm I have a theory: English speaking people of English speaking background take the ability to speak their language for granted.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
cxlxoxk said:
Well i do, with mine. Maybe it's because my parents (i was born here however) are from a non-English speaking background. Hmmm I have a theory: English speaking people of English speaking background take the ability to speak their language for granted.
Your grammar is fucking shit, your misplacement of colons, semi colons and you apostrophe use is fucking shit, and you made the cardinal mistake of not capitalising "I" when referring to yourself.

Fuck off and die.

HSC
What does Australia and multiculturalism, and English have to do with Israel and Gaza?

On topic;
Civilian injuries and casualties in Gaza continue to mount and the toll now stands at 509, with 64 killed since the ground offensive began, according to Palestinian medical authorities. Some 2,450 have been injured.

Among the latest victims were a mother and her four young children, killed in an Israeli air strike on their home in Gaza.

Four Israeli civilians have been killed by Palestinian rocket attacks.
:( I don't see how both sides killing civilians is helping :/

& this just made me laugh;
"We don't intend neither to occupy Gaza nor to crush Hamas, but to crush terror. And Hamas needs a real and serious lesson. They are now getting it," Peres said on Sunday.
They don't want to 'crush Hamas', they want to 'crush terror'... Last i checked they were pissed off at Hamas, now the whole Palestinians are connected to 'terror'? Awesome reason for killing the civilians! &like hell they don't want Gaza.

Fears of a humanitarian crisis have also grown in recent days, as the strip, home to 1.5 million people, is already suffering shortages of fuel, food and medical supplies due to a two-year economic blockade imposed by Israel.
This is seriously a joke. How anyone can support this is just.. ugh. &i'm not referring to anyone here, but those idiots who go around saying 'this war is necessary! Israel shouldnt stop! Who cares about the civilians dying, as long as it ends the bombings! :D'

*sigh*

Al Jazeera English - Middle East - Israel intensifies assault on Gaza

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)