Israel - Bracing for impact (1 Viewer)

bshoc

HSC
N/A
politik said:
I want Israel and Palestine to wipe each other off the map, and for the territory to be rezoned as a nature preserve.
Restore the crusader states yo, kingdom of Jerusalem ftw.

Also we can put Stephen Baldwin or one of the other Balwdin brothers back on the throne and restore the Baldwin dynasty.

flappinghippo

HSC
Omium said:
I seriously cant believe Hezbollah claimed victory after that war.
basically 90% of Lebanon was destroyed.
They managed to hold off their ground troops...
Wars are won in the sky. Israel destroyed their bridges, means of transportation and key head-quarters.
It will take at least 10 years for Lebannon to fully recover from THAT war.
Wars are not won in the sky. Wars are different every time.

The war in Vietnam was won by Charlie through TV exposure despite overwhelming US air superiority.'

So you are gay and I am awesome

swisscheese

HSC
each side 'won' in different areas.

israel was getting bombarded in cities as the terrorists were targeting civilians, whilst they had all their operations away from villages etc.

lebanon on the other hand had people in civilian houses shooting rockets at israeli civilians which forced israel to warn the civilians (not that they listened) before they attacked the sources of the rocket attacks.

to the sparta thing. israel has survived the 'impossible' (implying circumstances they would not likely win considering 10:1 scenario) and still kick ass.

banco55

HSC
swisscheese said:
each side 'won' in different areas.

israel was getting bombarded in cities as the terrorists were targeting civilians, whilst they had all their operations away from villages etc.

lebanon on the other hand had people in civilian houses shooting rockets at israeli civilians which forced israel to warn the civilians (not that they listened) before they attacked the sources of the rocket attacks.

to the sparta thing. israel has survived the 'impossible' (implying circumstances they would not likely win considering 10:1 scenario) and still kick ass.
Israel's has always been extremely lucky with its enemies. The Arabs are hopeless at anything that involves technology (ie conventional warfare).

swisscheese

HSC
banco55 said:
Israel's has always been extremely lucky with its enemies. The Arabs are hopeless at anything that involves technology (ie conventional warfare).
i 'disagree' with your opinion of israel as 'lucky' because although there were some circumstances with extraordinary circumstances, the israelis have done some pretty smart stuff and have also pulled off some other feats during times of extreme pressure and i believe they are due to smart strategies and good military organisation by the israelis. I've learned about such events both from visual sources to museums to visiting the actual sites and you will be surprised at some of the stuff. I recommend you should look into the history more and you will find it may change a few of your opinions.

i would agree with the arabs technology but i don't know for sure how they are doing (apart from not well) and that israel have made major leaps in technology with microsoft and intel bases there (and other companies) as well as improvements on american rifles and new combat systems/weapons of their own.

banco55

HSC
swisscheese said:
i 'disagree' with your opinion of israel as 'lucky' because although there were some circumstances with extraordinary circumstances, the israelis have done some pretty smart stuff and have also pulled off some other feats during times of extreme pressure and i believe they are due to smart strategies and good military organisation by the israelis. I've learned about such events both from visual sources to museums to visiting the actual sites and you will be surprised at some of the stuff. I recommend you should look into the history more and you will find it may change a few of your opinions.

i would agree with the arabs technology but i don't know for sure how they are doing (apart from not well) and that israel have made major leaps in technology with microsoft and intel bases there (and other companies) as well as improvements on american rifles and new combat systems/weapons of their own.
The Israeli army has historically been mediocre to good at conventional warfare. The arabs have ranged from very poor to mediocre. That's the only reason the Israelis were able to fight and win outnumberred. I think this is hyperbole but there's a grain of truth in it:

"The Israelis have been coasting on their reputation for a long time, but way back in Gulf War I it was clear they made their record like a Don King fighter, padding their Win column against a bunch of bums. When I saw those pitiful Arab "soldiers" crawling toward US camera crews on their hands and knees to surrender, the first thing that went through my head was, "Whoa, so that's the kind of opponent the Israelis have been showboating against? Well Hell, my high school marching band could've beaten those Arab chickenshits!"

http://old.exile.ru/2006-July-28/a_hezbollah_upon_all_of_thee.html

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Starcraftmazter said:
The the Middle East will forever be peaceful.
Yeah, the last thing the Arabs want in the Middle East is a democracy that elects its leaders in free elections.
DOWN WITH FREEDOM

banco55

HSC
ari89 said:
Yeah, the last thing the Arabs want in the Middle East is a democracy that elects its leaders in free elections.
DOWN WITH FREEDOM
Arabs can't cope with democracy.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
banco55 said:
Arabs can't cope with democracy.
You are the most ignorant person on BoS, and your constant bullshit is actually quite aggravating. Arabs had democracy whilst Europe was still run by different monarchies. Muhammad (PBUH) was our machiavelli.

The Arabs are hopeless at anything that involves technology (ie conventional warfare).
Seriously, were you dropped on your head as a child? I'm just imagining that Pakistan has nuclear weapons, I'm just imagining that Iran even after having their most progressive leader overthrown (mossadeq) and being placed under economic sanctions can produce energy grade uranium.

I'm also just imagining the fact that israel got whipped in the south of Lebanon. That's all in my imagination. Right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)