ISYS100 Content... (1 Viewer)

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi guys!

I'm looking at doing ISYS100 this coming semester and I just had a quick query. What sort of work did you have to do for this unit, and how much time was spent on it? I'm a part time student (Can only be at uni 2 days a week and weekends) but I'm trying to fit in three subjects this semester. I'm just a little worried I'll have 6 group assignments to do and not be able to work with the group. My other subjects will be ACCG100 and ACST101, so if you've done all three and know the content, I'd appreciate to know if you think I'll be taking on too much.

Did you have to do a lot of study each week, or could you get by just doing assignments?

Were the assignments based/marked around your understanding of the content, or more based around your ability to write a good essay?

Thanks for the help guys!

crazy_paki123

HSC
hi there, I did ACST101 and ACCG100 in the same semester too :) but do keep in mind both require alot of effort and you must complete hw every week for both as u have assessable quizzes for acst and assessable hw for accounting. Also for 1A you have that perdisco assignment which also takes time to complete. Anyways ISYS is very easy and a good relaxing subject. The lecturer (for me anyways) was Matt who is very upfront and easy to get along with. If youre a computer nerd youll ace it without any real effort. But if you re not a computer person then yeah it requires some effort, especially for HTML programming (its easy anyways). There are 3 group assignments, 2 with your prac group, 1 with your tute group but its nothing serious, ISYS in general is a "fun" subject with "fun" assessments until the essay and prac exam (closed book HTML and blogging). The prac exam is easy but the essay as any essay in uni requires effort. Hope i helped, good luck :)

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Great, thank you so much. I've got basic HTML skills and I never though I'd need them, so very good to hear that will come in handy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)