isys123 (1 Viewer)

buddys

HSC
bscienceboi said:
Anyone got a list of all the "SMILEY FACES" that tell us what we really need to know? Or topics enthasized by Frank.M?

Frank M is meant to be taking the last lecture-wk 13 and hes meant to be giving us hints/emphasize important parts of the unit.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
go to the last lecture, Franky will hint hint most stuffs ^^ Oh and there's tutorial solutions if anyone wants it

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Sweet_Lemon said:
go to the last lecture, Franky will hint hint most stuffs ^^ Oh and there's tutorial solutions if anyone wants it
Where? :p I only have the notes and solutions for the past 4 tutes.

My Thursday tute guy is hopeless :p

*hopeful*

HSC
the tute qstns r so common sense, i had my non-isys friends do it 4 me so dont worry 2 much bout dat

just cram lect notes

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Hahah I overheard Gaurav alking about cricket throughout the ISYS prac.

And I got scolded at by some guy that was checking to see whether people were using the computers for Comp-related subjects and I was doing Bio stuff :p

j12345

hey for the pract test, do we just need to know how to do the assignments and also is it open book??

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
j123456789 said:
hey for the pract test, do we just need to know how to do the assignments and also is it open book??
Yes and Yes

:)

*hopeful*

HSC
last semester i think it wuz:
40 (?) multi-choice
20 straight short answers worth 40(?) marks
and 20 marks for the practical/assign questions which are split up into section a-powerpoint and html section b-word processing n so on....these were pretty much short answer as well

its all str8 from lect notes....

dwh2427

yeh lecturer said 40 MC worth 20 marks, then two sets of short answer worth 20 marks each.
just wondering in how much detail i should be studying from ive heard its real easy but some of the lecture notes go into heaps of detail about different processes etc. not sure if these would be importnat?

and in remembering prac assignments would they be asking how you do stuff like on the toolbars or more stuff like what is absolute referencing.

anyone? thanks

buddys

HSC
i think the assignment questions will cover the theory part of the assignments, like absolut referencing, and relationships in access.

and is it true that if you get a multiple choice question wrong, they deduct marks?

p.r.i.n.c.e.s.s

mademoiselleN
HSC
buddys said:
and is it true that if you get a multiple choice question wrong, they deduct marks?
last semester they deducted 0.25 marks for every wrong answer in MCQ :S

They considered it was fair enough coz the paper was relatively easy - common knowledge and some simple logic. Well well....I didn't quite agree :D

For the theory part relating to Microsoft Office, they said that if you did the assignments by urself, you should be fine. Well, I was not!!!! I guess coz I did my assignments in a trial and error way until I get it right. Not clearly knowing each step leading to the answer.

there were questions like differences bet. absolute and relative referencing, what is circular referencing, draw a table etc :S

Last edited:

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Why is extracting value from tancit difficult for organisations?

Why does IS aim to convert explicit to tancit?

:(

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
dwh2427 said:
wtf is that
Knowledge Management, organisations collecting expertise whether in the minds of employees or of the tangible form and then utilising it to improve some aspect or area resulting in a larger payoff.

Tancit and Explicit are the two types of 'knowledge'. (formal and informal respectively)

Last edited:

dritz2003

HSC
N/A
"Why is extracting value from tancit difficult for organisations?"

You can't be serious.. all I know is general knowledge stuff, like what parts are in a computer :)

I kinda missed a couple of lectures, like 10 or 11.... damn 9am lectures :rolleyes:

I probably won't even study for this, because I have ACST101 the next day.. but I heard there is an extremely low fail rate, so as long as you have done the practicals, virtually everyone passes :cool:

Unable 2 Comply

HSC
Umm this is a entry level computing subject, so dont expect really technical questions like those in the exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)