• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

IT at TAFE (1 Viewer)

Applikation

HSC
I do IT at tafe, and have been told it's somehow easier to get a job from doing IT at tafe rather than doing it at University. True?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Yeah, that's probably fair to say.

The IT jobs you get from university pay more and your job security is much higher, of course.

Certainly, either way you'll be able to get a job easily enough since IT is in demand, so if you do plan to do IT in depth you'd want to go to uni. TAFE doesn't teach much in the way of programming, advanced networks, software engineering, or computer science.

I'm doing a Cert IV in IT and then heading back to university. Mainly so it's easier to get a IT helpdesk job while I am at uni studying computer science.

I believe you're just trolling, but I imagine this'll be useful to somebody nonetheless.

Applikation

HSC
Slidey said:
Yeah, that's probably fair to say.

The IT jobs you get from university pay more and your job security is much higher, of course.

Certainly, either way you'll be able to get a job easily enough since IT is in demand, so if you do plan to do IT in depth you'd want to go to uni. TAFE doesn't teach much in the way of programming, advanced networks, software engineering, or computer science.

I'm doing a Cert IV in IT and then heading back to university. Mainly so it's easier to get a IT helpdesk job while I am at uni studying computer science.
Thanks. All my programming knowledge is self taught, but I don't imagine I'd get a job doing programming. I can't imagine picture myself at any type of job, I got no idea what I want to do, so I'm glad IT is in demand, will widen choices I guess.

Slidey said:
I believe you're just trolling, but I imagine this'll be useful to somebody nonetheless.
Because of the aspergers posts? That was all me boyo, although that thread got stupid as hell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)