IT Camp 2010 (1 Viewer)

mystiques4

Awesome Member
HSC
Anyone have dates on when it'll be on yet?
Also will phones work where we're going? :)

Thanks.

toop

HSC
info for the 2010 camp goes here:

UTS FEIT Orientation Camp - Camp Information

the camp will be 3 days some time between the 17th and 26th of February, at least that is what i received in an email.

"Hi, Do you remember your last Orientation Camp? Do you remember all the fun,activities and new friends? Do you think you could do that all over again, thistime as a helper?
Well this is your chance. We are currently recruiting UTS IT and Engineeringstudents to come down and help out at O-Camp 2010. The camps will be heldfrom the 17th of February to the 26th of February and we need people who canlead, talk, organise, cook, design cool t-shirts and even drive a truck!"

Aeriff

HSC
Both camps fall just inside the end of bridging courses and I'll probably be doing one. Awesome planning :(

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
My apologies for the outdated info.

maz3ndor

HSC
Is the IT camp combined with Engineering?

As in, will IT people be on the same camp at Engineering people? If there are two camps, will it just be a case of IT people on one, Engineering people on another?

Aeriff

HSC
Is the IT camp combined with Engineering?

As in, will IT people be on the same camp at Engineering people? If there are two camps, will it just be a case of IT people on one, Engineering people on another?
From what I can gather from correspondence I've received from UTS regarding enrolment/camps, IT and Engineering go on 2 separate camps. There will be 3 camps, 1 is IT and the other 2 are Engineering.

Edit: Nope, I read it on the O-Camp site:

There will be a total of three camps before the first week of Semester. One camp caters for IT students while the other Camps cater for Engineering students. For dates please visit the camp information page.

boredoflife

HSC
i know it may sound silly, but does the IT camp also include ppl doing Science in IT ? not just ppl doing IT

Aeriff

HSC
i know it may sound silly, but does the IT camp also include ppl doing Science in IT ? not just ppl doing IT
By Science in IT do you mean BScIT? If so, yes. It is an IT degree, its just got the word 'science' in it to confuse you.

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
By Science in IT do you mean BScIT? If so, yes. It is an IT degree, its just got the word 'science' in it to confuse you.
It's more so they could have a Bachelor of IT that was the 'superior' degree-- realistically, the BIT should be the Bachelor of Information Systems (because they focus the majority of the course on that speciality of IT), and the BScIT should be a BIT (like every other university).

But yes, BITs, BScITs (and all the courses combined with BScIT) and Mathematics/Computing go to the same camp.

soap~

Legal Eagle
HSC
Without giving away the location, phone reception is likely.

The camp for IT students is separate from Engineering, but is being organised this year by the same people and so will have some things in common (this is a difference to previous years, where the IT camp was organised by the IT faculty itself).

maz3ndor

HSC
How do I find out my allocated camp? I can see the form on the website but I dont know whatr camp I am. Do we fgind out information like this at enrolement

Aeriff

HSC
How do I find out my allocated camp? I can see the form on the website but I dont know whatr camp I am. Do we fgind out information like this at enrolement
If you've accepted your offer, you'll get an email soon with details of which camp you're on.

maz3ndor

HSC
How much does the camp cost? And is it refundable if you dont go for a 2nd round offer instead?

melazyacying

HSC
camps not compolsory.. but i dont remember it costing heaps.. was it $80? or something?? or $30? haha.

Its a nice way to meet people i guess XD

A-Drew

HSC
will we pick our cabins or is it gonna be randomly selected

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)