IT Career path (1 Viewer)

spennington

HSC
N/A
Hi, guys!

I am going to finish my HSC soon! I want to do Bachelor of IT in UTS, could anyone tell me the career pathway after I finish the degree??

is it easy to get an IT internship during I study in the university??

What are the main difficulties I may meet in this course??

thank you for helping me!!

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Depends what kind of job you want. IT isn't really like other fields where you have some set path too.

I study ICT Engineering and the cohort of ICT Engineers had no trouble finding IT/ICT relevant internships in second year, BUT quite a number of them ended up in IT/support positions even if their interest was in software development. There's still development internships around but some people just take whatever they can get. IT is different in that the internship is a single 1 year internship and towards the end (Eng has two 6 months, one towards the start and the other towards end) - so might be different for IT students.

Also, Bachelor of IT is the 3 year co op scholarship course (which like engineering, has two 6 month blocks of internships). They have no troubles finding internships as they are already sorted - they just put in their preferences and get allocated one. I think the course you are thinking of is the 4 year BScIT - Bachelor of Science in IT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)