IT exam easy!!!!!! IN before Starcraftmazter (1 Viewer)

jtime

HSC
yup i pooped on that exam too. I had MC and section II done in the first 25 mins...the only thing that stopped me from doing it in 5 was my hand...like seriously...that exam was weaker than American beer.

Only Amish people would struggle with this exam. :p

Last edited:

joelskies1

HSC
easy as! 85%-95% for sure, all common sense questions plus i used my knowledge of terms from IPT lol :)

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
Yea, the multiple choice and short answers were easy, finished in twenty. That's not good enough to say that I got 90+ though because the long responses are the deciding factors. The long response required some time thinking for coming up with a band 5-6 answer. I didn't finish my conclusion T_T

I did question 21 and 22. You guys?

jtime

HSC
20 and 21...they were just outstandingly simple for me...wrote three 4 page booklets on each...didn't have time to read over, but i was convinced of content.

Oh for MC, heres mine.

1. d
2. b
3. b
4. a
5. c
6. b
7. d (what would you do FIRST)
8. d
9. b
10. a
11. c
12. c
13. b
14.a
15. c

neworderarmy

HSC
Piss easy exam. However, there were a few things I was having second thoughts about. I would love if you guys could discuss the following.

a) In the multiple choice, the only question that confused me was the peripheral device. Would you use USB or Parallel? They are both correct answers, but I chose USB because it is faster.

b) In Section II, with the diagram of the room and a projector, what TWO issues did you discuss? I talked about there not being enough power outlets and the potential hazards of plugging 5 PC's into 2 outlets, and the fact there was not enough space to seat 20 chairs and 5 PC's into the room... given the size of the door compared to the room.

c) Section II, regarding the workstation specs on one of the last questions (it involved an email), what type of specs did you put down would be required in a response? I wrote OS, RAM, and Processor speed. ?

d) In Section III, how did you set out the written responses? I wasn't totally sure if I did the right thing by my reports, but I started with an introduction and then headings for each area where I discussed for example database "forms", what they're used for, what they look like, their role in a database, etc

So let me know how you guys set out Section III, and some of the other things I mentioned.

neworderarmy

HSC
jtime said:
20 and 21...they were just outstandingly simple for me...wrote three 4 page booklets on each...didn't have time to read over, but i was convinced of content.

Oh for MC, heres mine.

1. d
2. b
3. b
4. a
5. c
6. b
7. d (what would you do FIRST)
8. d
9. b
10. a
11. c
12. c
13. b
14.a
15. c
Agh. I got all of those exactly the same, but for question 7 I chose c) Report problem to supervisor. Do you really think the answer would be d? Who else here chose c?

Now that I think about it, d is probably right... :(

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
Here are my MC answers:

1 d
2 b
3 b
4 a
5 c
6 b
7 c
8 d
9 b
10 a
11 c
12 c
13 b
14 a
15 c

I see that I've gotten #7 wrong already T_T

For the hazards, I put electrical and tripping. The projector would need to be on the opposite side to the screen, which is like far away from the powerpoint and would require a long cable. People may trip over yadiya. Double power outlet isn't safe yadiya

I put hard disk space, RAM and clock speed as hardware specifications

ozbear

HSC
Tomotron said:
atleast 95% with no study
Well no shit dont congratulate urself too much why dont you do a Dee Dee Ramone
"I'd like to congratulate myself, and thank myself, and give myself a big pat on the back."

well good guys I hope you do get 95 or 90 or whatever good luck too you and your life but just dont get too big headed about it.

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
Sigh, all that studying for mission and vision statements and backing up for nothing >.>

ozbear

HSC
Tomotron said:
atleast 95% with no study
Well no shit dont congratulate urself too much why dont you do a Dee Dee Ramone
"I'd like to congratulate myself, and thank myself, and give myself a big pat on the back."

well good guys I hope you do get 95 or 90 or whatever good luck too you and your life but just dont get too big headed about it.

jtime

HSC
neworderarmy said:
Piss easy exam. However, there were a few things I was having second thoughts about. I would love if you guys could discuss the following.

a) In the multiple choice, the only question that confused me was the peripheral device. Would you use USB or Parallel? They are both correct answers, but I chose USB because it is faster.

b) In Section II, with the diagram of the room and a projector, what TWO issues did you discuss? I talked about there not being enough power outlets and the potential hazards of plugging 5 PC's into 2 outlets, and the fact there was not enough space to seat 20 chairs and 5 PC's into the room... given the size of the door compared to the room.

c) Section II, regarding the workstation specs on one of the last questions (it involved an email), what type of specs did you put down would be required in a response? I wrote OS, RAM, and Processor speed. ?

d) In Section III, how did you set out the written responses? I wasn't totally sure if I did the right thing by my reports, but I started with an introduction and then headings for each area where I discussed for example database "forms", what they're used for, what they look like, their role in a database, etc

So let me know how you guys set out Section III, and some of the other things I mentioned.
hmm

for a) I still think USB is more right, because USB surpassed parallel ports and i've seen it do more power intensive things than parallel...

b) don't worry about that question theres a few billion answers for safety issues... i went for tripping hazards due to the fact that the computers and projector would likely be central in the room, and also the apparent lack of lighting, But your choice of the of power supply overuse and room dimensions should be fine

c) anything you can really think of in terms of hardware is acceptable. Unfortuneately OS would be wrong because it is software, from memory it was a hardware question :-(. replace OS with hard-drive or motherboard and you would've been fine.

d) didn't do the database question. But report basically has a few things
- business details/logo
- "Report" as a big central title
- the topic and who it may be sent to
- foreword/preamble
- contents page
- your body
- other recommendations
- conclusion...

yeah i can only really see you losing the one mark for the software thingy...but then again, i may have forgotten the question already :p

Last edited:
HSC
DAMNIT, I KNEW I FORGOT SOMETHING!!!

Yeh that was hella easy. Also, with that Starcraft pic, I'm the one raping you, since your base is in green, and you would have to had to take the screenshot :p

Also, 99%-100% here, with 0% study :p

My MC:

1. D
2. B
3. B
4. A
5. C
6. B
7. C
8. D (this was tricky)
9. B
10. A
11. C
12. C
13. B
14. A
15. C

Unwant3d

It's A Boy !!
HSC
in MC! Q12 SOMEONE explain it to me?
i got sooo confused
the hardest thing in the exam =[

stubert1

HSC
jtime said:
c) anything you can really think of in terms of hardware is acceptable. Unfortuneately OS would be wrong because it is software, from memory it was a hardware question :-(. replace OS with hard-drive or motherboard and you would've been fine.
umm for this one i put 3 dot points and wrote:
- make (brand of computer, eg.IBM)
-model (eg. thinkcentre 123)
- CPU speed, amount of RAM and Harddrive space

Do you think i would still get the 3/3 for that type of answer?

jtime

HSC
Unwant3d said:
in MC! Q12 SOMEONE explain it to me?
i got sooo confused
the hardest thing in the exam =[
You'll narrow that down straight away to drivers and operating system. because both drivers and O/S handle communications with peripherals. But drivers don't go as far to always run a computer, the OS does that, the driver just runs specific functions. the other stuff is also more OS oriented and only partially true for drivers.

so its OS

jtime

HSC
stubert1 said:
umm for this one i put 3 dot points and wrote:
- make (brand of computer, eg.IBM)
-model (eg. thinkcentre 123)
- CPU speed, amount of RAM and Harddrive space

Do you think i would still get the 3/3 for that type of answer?
umm, well the bottom one is pretty right. make of computer, i'd probably say no...you might get a mark for model because of the hardware it would typically contain...but really the bottom ones the only that actually answers the question. :-S

Unwant3d

It's A Boy !!
HSC
dammit dammit dammit!!!!!!
i first picked OS
but changed it to driver
cause silly me thought that OS wasnt exactly 'software'
daaaaaammmmmmiiiiiiittttttt!!

Crizzy

HSC
i found the exam easier than my trails. However I dont think i did that well in Section 3 Q21. I dont think i did my report right...
how did u do the report part?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)