• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

'It' is coming! (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
um azzie... males are thinking, get out.
yes but it also seems to me that if you dont really give a shit, its more likely to be "revealed"

outside the square is where its at.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yea but I dun want it to be revealed, I want to work out what exact combination of words will grant me access. Who knows, first person to figure it out MIGHT WIN AN X-BOX 360!!!!!

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
so...like...how are we meant to pay for this?

stas...brogz goddit...cum here and give us details..

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
brogan77 said:
$20 for one year, $30 for two launching soon...date was a few pages back!
yeah I know that! I CAN read.

HOW do you pay was the question...

*runs to other thread*

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I just thought of something... this 'it' isn't going to be paid subscriber membership is it? because the features we've been told so far sorta fall in line with the sort of thing other free forums/websites have done in the past in order to generate some revenue.
Hahaha, back on page 2 this was said.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
i thought some of the features were going to be for everyone.
sif reward some kid who can scam money off their parents to pay for premium membership. what about people who have to rely on their own income?

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
They will get benefits too... how long do you think BOS will stay up for ANYONE if there's no income comming in?
surely google adds and stuff can pay off site hosting. its not exactly like its expensive to host a site like it was when this thing opened. if it was working then it should be working now.

why not just sell notes? surely that makes more sense. hsc students are willing and able to buy them. thats revenue isnt it?

Bored of Studies

Administrator
Administrator
azzie said:
surely google adds and stuff can pay off site hosting. its not exactly like its expensive to host a site like it was when this thing opened. if it was working then it should be working now.

why not just sell notes? surely that makes more sense. hsc students are willing and able to buy them. thats revenue isnt it?
Instead of selling notes, why not just make a very cheap premium membership instead? People get premium notes with that price as well, along with many other snazzy features.

Bored of Studies

Administrator
Administrator
azzie said:
i thought some of the features were going to be for everyone.
sif reward some kid who can scam money off their parents to pay for premium membership. what about people who have to rely on their own income?
That user still continues to use the site as before. A premium membership costs .05c a day.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Azzie, you don't understand the internets.

Bandwidth (usage / downloads / users) increasing means that it costs more and more for hosting.

Also, maybe they want some money for themselves? they've put in a decent amount of effort getting this site together, and they want to reap some reward from it - they're not taking anything away from the other members.

There is so much competition in the 'hsc notes' sector, alot of them written by professionals... how the hell is BOS going to compete with student notes? They offer premium access to a student community.... keep doing what they do now, only offer some extra incentives to those whom are willing to pay more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)