IT test 2005 (1 Viewer)

7th Sign

HSC
I did the IT timber test finished with about 10 minutes to go and went over the exam once and added a fair bit, was a ok exam only 1 or 2 hard questions.

7th Sign

HSC
breenyd said:
i do IT furniture and thought it was a great exam. i finished and looked over section1 and the times was up.

whats did you get for the diagram??
i thought that was wried question for an IT exam
is it a DFD?
or SFC?
yeah I never even saw a similar question in this 100 page industry thing our school gave us.

I just used ipt terms to answer it :|

Srixon

HSC
yeah i didnt find it to hard but will probalby fail it
lol

Srixon

HSC
THank good for doing IPT i reckon if u didnt do that or hadnt done computing before u woudl not of had a clue

Srixon

HSC
he might not write that quick might not of done all the test

arooshika...

HSC
thank god my old school made it compulsry for doing computing studies in yr 9 & 10 otherwise id have no idea it was a flow chart

and a guy i know, finished 20 mins before it finished and then left, i had no idea he could write so quick

Last edited:

Srixon

HSC
Time seems a bit dodgy on this website, my last post was after lil dudete and it says it was before LOL

7th Sign

HSC
business studies and IPT proved to be a good combination for wood work :|

basically all the test included was business for 50% 10% ipt and 40% wood work

john88

HSC
Bored Boy said:
did anyone feel that they ran out of time???
I left out a 7 mark question and a 4 mark question.....it really pisses me off too because I knew what to write down for the answers....all i needed was 10 minutes more and i would be happy.

I really wanted that band six too....hopefully our majors can push our marks up a bit
Yes, it is bullshit. Why do we only get 90 minutes for these exams if they want to cram 120 minutes worth in? My hand was (and always is for IT wood) flat out the whole time and I still did not finish it.

d_griffo

HSC
i reakon they should make the test with no time limit, but still have the test set with the same amount of question and detail. although this may sound stupid, it really isnt. for industrial technology they should set the test to like it is and say there is no time limit, like if a student doesnt no the question they r less likely to do it anyway. it will give time for a student to plan out their essay or question with great detail, and the kids that dont want to be there will leave anyway. althought it defines the purpose of havin a time limit, it gives students less to be stressed about, and maybe if we sit there long enough may be able to remember what we are tryin to write down.

and lets our hands have time out, let our brain stop from exploding. and lets us have a detail drawing and the information the examinators want n not just some random bullshit that we try and do to fill some lines

najdovski

HSC
they

the exma was pretty good but they asked 2 many questions morer time was needed.

john88

HSC
d_griffo said:
i reakon they should make the test with no time limit, but still have the test set with the same amount of question and detail. although this may sound stupid, it really isnt. for industrial technology they should set the test to like it is and say there is no time limit, like if a student doesnt no the question they r less likely to do it anyway. it will give time for a student to plan out their essay or question with great detail, and the kids that dont want to be there will leave anyway. althought it defines the purpose of havin a time limit, it gives students less to be stressed about, and maybe if we sit there long enough may be able to remember what we are tryin to write down.

and lets our hands have time out, let our brain stop from exploding. and lets us have a detail drawing and the information the examinators want n not just some random bullshit that we try and do to fill some lines
My thoughts exactly, we'll all probably wind up with carpal tunnel syndrome from these shit exam conditions.

7th Sign

HSC
d_griffo said:

man exam was ok the time limit was ok 1 hour and 30 mins was good if you studied well you would have been able to complete it. Yet I do believe the exam should have been for 2 hours maby and they should have thrown in a cutting list or a few more drawings or something along thoes lines.

Having a exam with no time limit is stupid, hsc would not allow it, kids would just sit in their all day taking like 30 mins per question.

If you studied you would not have been stressed about the exam at all, Other exams are a lot harder then IT timber.

andwz

HSC
ye the exam should of beeen gone for 2hrs
but it was a good exam i liked it
i finished in on time wif 10mins spare to re-check some q's

d_griffo

HSC
yeh i no a no time limit would define the purpose. I havent been stressed at all, well i was a little worried today with english but who wasnt. i studied so i was fine, but i just didnt have enough time as usual. i dont know is it because i cant write fast enough or what. I knew all the question they were easy enough. But they just dont give enough time. 2 hrs would of been great. Would of had very detailed joints instead of ones i did.

i find business studies alot easier then IT timber, because IT you have to bullshit most of the time. and dont really put anything technical in the question just ideas. Because 95% of the time we are doing wood work and the 5% time we do a stupid report on industries n 60% of the test is on that. Where is the purpose in it, seriously, i know that we will do it in the future but do we use apply OHS committees and First aid officer, EIS etc in the school i dont think so. so why should we have to learn it then.

at least a 2hr exam will give us time to read over our answers

Would anyone sit around all day in a hall and do the test, maybe not.

Bored Boy

guys at board of stuides beter rethink this one

im with u there d_griffo...that exam was bullshit..woodwork is spent doing woodwork not learning bout some bloody indusrties that employ damn eis reports and stupid trade union acts.....i did my study for this exam because im motivated and im doing somthing i enjoy doing, and thats making wood projetcs. talking about joints and materials and stuff like that is wat industiral should all be about

ive put so much effort into wood this year and im not afraifd to say that either....itd b a shame to get my results bac and find that i get a bloody 75 because they didnt give us enough fu*k^n time. i answered all but to questions to the best that i could....wats with the amount of lines they give us too....in section one there were questions worth 4 marks (like the one where we had to identify two things that increase productivity) and they only gave us about 3 bloody lines, thats bulshit if u ask me...how am i suposed to get 4 marks with only three damn lines

those guys at the board of studies should rethink this damn industrial paper so that kids in the future dont have the option of running outta time...

i want that band six bad......

7th Sign

HSC
yeah i do agree that the test should have been 2 hours,

dt is like the same as IT well sort of and they get 2 hours.

Maby throw in a few multiple choice questions :D

d_griffo

HSC
As 7th Sign, maybe the first section should be multi choice as again we dont focus much on that really in schools. it will still make people study for that stuff, and we wont have to write random stuff. Then maybe they can have the exam 1.5hrs. But our focus area is not big enough. Q1-3 first section, Q4-5 second section. where is the sense in that.

When i first selected this course at the start of last year. I thought it was going to be like yr 9-10 wood technics. OH i was really wrong
As someone else mentioned earlier in the Timber Test. Where was the cutting list. i remember doing that in yr 10, where is the design fawls were have to spot and name.

When they say sketch do they say scribble or use a scale drawing. cause its a bit hard doing it in 1.5hr. where technical side.

On average we are spose to be doin about 4minutes per page. and i dont think i can do a detailed drawin in that time

7th Sign

HSC
Seriously It as a subject is pretty easy, I never did it in year 9 or 10 yet I came 2/18, Just study what the teachers gave you and you would have been fine, I hope so lols.

Any ways its all over now so I couldnt really care :D

d_griffo

HSC
study teachers gave us??????
he gave us nothing. well we wouldnt of studied if i didnt find the CSU website.
so thats how much our school gives us. i no its easy, its just a stupid section1
well i came 1/5.
im just glad its over. heard its going to be a A catogery subject in a few years time away. but hey thats what i heard from teacher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)