• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

it trials (1 Viewer)

wallid

HSC
heey.. i just wanna make sure that i t trials dont count ONE BIT to the hsc,

please let me know

thanks.

Winston

HSC
Yes they don't, they still count to assessment, as a backup for misadventure if you miss the final HSC exam, so don't fret, it's all good.

rckl

HSC
OMG.... are you kidding????
THE I.T. TRIAL DOES NOT COUNT???

i tho it is like 50% of trial and 50% of HSC... something like that isn't it

anthonyk

hmm yes i was assuming the trial did count to alot of our assesment marking quoting the direct words from our teacher?

tendawolf

According to our teacher, our Trial HSC for Information Tech. counts to 100% of our school mark. He said that saying that our assesments and assignments were only for our competencies. So please clarfify asap.

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
i thought for voced courses like IT, only the external exam counts. i.e HSC exam
but do the rankings in class have any effect on our uai's?

DVIOUS

i thought that the trials are worth like half of the HSC mark n d otha half is from the HSC.

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
DVIOUS said:
i thought that the trials are worth like half of the HSC mark n d otha half is from the HSC.
I am 100% certain (because I have been teaching IT since it began) that the Trial msrk is only used if you have a misdventure. The only mark that is submitted to the Board Of Studies is your HSC mark and that is only if you require a UAI for uni entry. If you dont need a UAI then you dont have to sit the Trial or the HSC. The other things that are sent to the Board are whether you have completed the required core modules and 4 elective modules which allow u to qualify for the HSC.

As far as a teacher saying that it count towards an assessment well your school is not following Departmental Guidelines.

Dont be a smart ass about all this info and go back to your teachers and wave this in their face. Let them know that you know that some schools are doing this and they should look at their policies on assessment when it comes to VOCED courses.

Many years ago my school had to do this.

We dont rank students in VOCED we have our teachers pick a student who is exceptional and they receive a special award.

If you dont need a UAI then at our school you have to fill out a form. We do advise those students that it is still a good idea to sit the exams incase they change their mind. They still do have to do the formula of Category A's and B's to qualify for a UAI.

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
yeah it was
i thought so, then other people started to talk about it counting towards the uai then i got scared
lol

DVIOUS

the IT trail was soo easy... i cant believe i was stressing bout it...i finished it wif half n hour left (just hope i went well) :)

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
lol i forgot what a fascimile but i guessed anyways and i was right
LOL

and i also forgot how to write a report

rckl

HSC
yeah... the test was very easy... i thought it should be very hard, because it trial..

so traditional trial is harder than HSC...

so is that mean HSC exam will be more easier?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)