It was easy! Do you agree? (1 Viewer)

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
I spose it is a relatively easy exam compared to the past few years. However, I wish they asked for similarities in BR/BNW instead of differences -.-;

Adam.Meads

HSC
Chinmoku03 said:
I spose it is a relatively easy exam compared to the past few years. However, I wish they asked for similarities in BR/BNW instead of differences -.-;
Sup. I agree, I recon I would have done better had the question been on similarities rather than differences.

I chose the difference in how man has totally divorced itself from nature in BR, whereas in BNW it has separated itself, through the use of soma, hypnopaedia and conditioning.

The other difference I chose was the nature of the characters. How the replicants ironically are "more human than human," whereas the humans in Bladerunner are cold and empathetic, contrasted with the unrealistic happiness of the Utopian society of the Brave New World.

What did everyone else do?

The Telling the Truth question was good ... Very broad, and like that terriffic bloke, Mitchbazza mentioned, much less specific than those of previous years.

I wasn't much of a fan of the Gwen Harwood question, the identification of a SINGLE emotion in Harwood poetry, and analysing it. I chose the obvious one of sadness, mingled with regret, represented through the speed of life and youth and age themes, etc.

I felt that wasn't as broad as it could have been ... All up, not a bad paper - I preferred that to Paper 1 any day!

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Oh well. I did get 2 rather easy to handle essays in KL and Frontline IMO, so trading off BR/BNW isn't that bad, I spose ^.^;

x0nel0vex

HSC
LOL i definately don't agree. the only "easy" question was section 3 frontline because it could be easily manipulated. Lear was average, and BR/BNW was ridiculous. i don't know how anyone could find this exam "easy"!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)