It was easy! Do you agree? (1 Viewer)

nitnit

HSC
i wouldn't say it was totally "EASY" but I thought the exam was pretty good!!

Although the Harwood question really did catch me because it didn't fit with my two prepared poems == so I had to make the third one up!!!

overall. happy happy!

jjjjjeeeeennnnn

HSC
all in all a good paper. best by far ive seen. simple questions allowed us to talk about pretty much anything.

EMMA/CLUELESS - hardest question in the paper, i used the elements of the themes and the characters incorporating how the change of mediums and social values enabled the successful transformation - 9 pages

SPEECHES - excellent. my prepared essay used MLK 'I have a dream', Gettysburg address by Lincoln and Levertovs but i scratched the latter and talked about their shared values for equality, freedom and the end of discrimination. was great, should get top marks for that question, my prepared essay was about a 19/20 and what i wrote was word for word with a couple of extra points instead of the Levertov speech. stoked. 8 pages

ANTONY AND CLEOPATRA - so worried about this question this morning, but it was so general and we're the first year theyve only asked for one ORT which was great coz i had too much to write if i included my 2nd ORT. prepared essay fit really well, some mad 'sophisticated' language ...my teacher should be proud. - 8 pages

overall really good paper. Im happy n i think it should give me a pretty decent mark for english. never have to do english again, THANK GOD ITS OVER

dombro

HSC
it was good!!

Lear- great question
BNW/BR- awkward- specially considering we've been looking at how they are the same
Frontline- couldnt get any more generic if they tried- only problem was i wrote too long on it, which cut into BNW time

all in all a decent paper- one of the better ones i've seen- killed the trial papers easy. liked the fact that there was only essay questions as well

...now start modern. it never ends.

COME ON NOVEMBER 8th!!!

dom

sezza899

HSC
nemmalie said:
oh the BOS can go fuck thmselves....seriously

ok. so waht did everybody do for BR BNW differeces
i also can't believe there was only two differences
woulda been alright with more than just two i guess.

ah go fuck yrselves bos

I talked about the individuals relationship with nature and how the differences in the texts portray these relationships.
The differences I mentioned were; the state of destruction of the natural in both txts (BNW – natural still there they chose to ignore it + BR – basically all destroyed/replaced animals, talked about setting, etc. for both) then how the differing contexts influenced (BNW – totalitarianism – ‘sleep teaching’, so they don’t associate with nature, compared John and Lenina, loss of individuality + BR – capitalism of Tyrell exploiting nature, replicants, fake animals)

JeffreyTse

HSC
Hmm... i found that my responses varied heaps!. Powerplay and Yeats was alright. For in the wild.. i found that i was all over the place and lacked any structure. My memorised essay did not work for me! I dont think i speicifcally answered the question on stating 2 differences but hoping they won't dock too many marks off me. Hoping for like 43 or above. :confused:

roadrage75

HSC
yes it was pretty good.... especially Transformations....

telling the truth was to general, and that made if difficult...

critical study was v. challenging, but i think i did okay.

sera.

HSC
eeek the questions were much easier than wat i had expected (i expected a lot...........worse) and i prepared so vaguely just incase they asked for mroe than 2 poems in harwood or specified a poem
i hate in the wild though - essay lacked structure and kind of probably says more than 2 differences :S that was so random lolll
harwoood wasnt as bad.... =] so luckii it gave us a choice of 2 and emotions r quite .. generic and dominant throughout the poems
power was so generic!!!

so all in all i think its gonna be hard to get marks if everyone found the questions relatively okay ..

Evercursed

Troubled Thinker
HSC
Dunno. Test was surprisingly easy and I said I'd shoot myself if they didn't give us text types this year. Guess they didn't. The questions were very generic and I wrote 32 pages. Hopefully, I should be able to get a 93 or something.

sting24

2 Radical For U
HSC
Evercursed said:
Dunno. Test was surprisingly easy and I said I'd shoot myself if they didn't give us text types this year. Guess they didn't. The questions were very generic and I wrote 32 pages. Hopefully, I should be able to get a 93 or something.
Firstly.... WTF. 32 pages, thats just sick, i mean i wrote 20 pages and that was pretty darn hard. I mean when people say they wrote shit loads of pages, does that mean their writing is big or wot?? Anyway its the quality not quantity

cheesman

HSC
i thought, on the whole, that it was pretty fun
i got a good kick out of it
im going to miss studying english although im looking forward to going over the exam tonight and writing full mark responses.

Phil.B52

HSC
The questions werent too bad, all essays which made it a bit easier...(i was fretting a feature article or dialogue bahh)
The "In The Wild" question screwed me over at first...its normally a comparative study (i.e. similarities and differences) however as they gave only differences it was quite the bitch...
Critical study wasnt too bad...apart from the fact i did it last and i doubt the last few pages are readible :|
Powerplay was prob easiest question of all....too general tho but at least it took a load off after the previous two ball tearers....My only intense emotions for yeats are now hatred and a desperate longing to slap him in he face...bastard

Phil.B52

HSC
cheesman said:
i thought, on the whole, that it was pretty fun
i got a good kick out of it
im going to miss studying english although im looking forward to going over the exam tonight and writing full mark responses.
cheeseman u are a sick person...english is the single worst subject,...most boring to study for and the fact that u are going to do the exam again is disturbing really....i am looking forward to studying some real subjects....chemistry and maths and the like....English gooooneeeee

cheesman

HSC
dude i was being incredibly sarcastic lol, its been my least fave all yr

himmy6996

HSC
hey with the In the wild question - to what degree did people focus on the "individual" in their text - or is this not a particularly prevalent focus - coz i looked at individual, but i didnt do the two differences solely on the individuals if that makes sense??

everything els was great - the Mod B relationship I saw coming for ages coz its so pivotal in Ondaatje (and heaps of the others) ... Mod C was generic ey?

Phil.B52

HSC
lmao my bad....glad to see we're on the same page in something :p

go rabbitohs

HSC
yeah i thought it was okay but i agree it was way to general so you'll have to have a really gripping response to do well

wtf with the stupid harwood question???? grrr...

oh well - freedom from english yay! :)

arae

travels
HSC
pfff too easy, in a bad way.

Section 3 was just fucked since it was like 'hey tell us everything you know!' lol. I wanted to say the board didn't teach me shit lol. how much did everyone write?

I wrote 8 (BNW/BR), 5 (Speeches - easy), 7 (A&C)

himmy6996 said:
hey with the In the wild question - to what degree did people focus on the "individual" in their text - or is this not a particularly prevalent focus - coz i looked at individual, but i didnt do the two differences solely on the individuals if that makes sense??

everything els was great - the Mod B relationship I saw coming for ages coz its so pivotal in Ondaatje (and heaps of the others) ... Mod C was generic ey?
Well I did Blade Runner and Brave New World for Module A and found it not too hard. For me the individualism came in well with what it means to be human, Neo-Pavlovian Conditioning, sacrificing emotions for stability etc. They differed marginally in my book, my thesis may have been unclear tho :( Mod C was so bad... wanted a better q.

Last edited:

w00dy.

HSC
our english teacher said that the paper was a gift.

i found it to be an alright paper, my prepared essays fitted with each of the questions which was awesome, there was only a little tweaking i had to do to make sure they had covered what was being asked of me, but other than that, i found it to be ok, all things considered.

i seriously thought it was going to be worst than what it was, id heard bad things about the paper so was expecting bad things, but that didnt happen =]

sting24

2 Radical For U
HSC
cheesman said:
dude i was being incredibly sarcastic lol, its been my least fave all yr
no u wernt u sick freak..... disguisting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)