It's a conspiracy... (1 Viewer)

malkin86

HSC
This only really affects those of us who are 17-23 years old - but if you haven't registered yourself to vote in the federal election this year yet you should quickly because ... No-one's talking to young voters

The government is going to close the election rolls as soon as the election is called - possibly meaning that they don't want us to vote in the upcoming federal elections.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol i wish i didn't enrol, i don't want to vote. i agree, if they'd talk to us then maybe i would want to vote

" What's it like to know that no amount of education will guarantee you stable employment?

What's it like to begin adulthood in debt?

What's it like to feel priced out of higher education? "

so true for us, i have heard it from so many adults as well

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
They just don't want us to vote because the major parties (who control the electoral role) have alienated us and the Howard government in particular has pissed us off (thanks to Nelson) so they are afraid we'll do something radical and vote for an independant party or the greens or something. And then the major parties will lose seats and they won't like that.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
You can register when you are 17 :D

I suggest as soon as you turn 17 register - you can only vote at 18 though.

santaslayer

HSC
I was sent an application form to register at 17 to my place so it didnt require much effort! :uhhuh:

Uh, what's the conspiracy? It's a simple numbers game.

Like I said, the democratic system gets ruined when people vote purely on their own self-interest. I'd quote that "public purse" quote but I've forgotten how it goes:(.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
how else are you supposed to vote then if not by self interest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)