its time i asked for help. (1 Viewer)

X

x744

Hey guys, i need help to be honest although ive never really 'cared' about school till now.

So heres my situation, im in year 12, obviously a bit through the HSC course. Im pulling out 40s in Mathematics and im now disappointed, i need to do well in my hsc, and i struggle with basic algebra (like i just started doing past papers and im getting a question or 2 wrong in the question 1 part, and i cant complete most of the rest of the exam), i was wondering if anyone had any tips or pieces of advice or anything, even study notes that could help me achieve higher results? Im a very capable student just very lazy. Realistically id be happy with a band 5. I do go tutoring but im very lazy.

fishrushed

HSC
I reckon it would be better to ask either your teacher or tutor for help since they are there to help you.

But anyways, for me, maths is all about practice, so in your case I'd go to your teacher and ask for what extra exercises you could do to fix your algebra problem. And in addition, you have to fix your 'laziness' because it can become a serious problem soon if you leave it as is.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
At this stage, no tutor, resource, study notes etc can help you, unless you can help yourself.

You need to straighten yourself up by fixing up that lazy issue, and THEN we can start talking about how to improve. Nothing can be done at this stage unless that part has improved.

The HSC is a long journey of carrying a sack of rocks from A to B. Study notes and tutors are just wheelbarrows, they don't move by themselves. Their job is to make the trip easier for you.

enoilgam

HSC
At this stage, no tutor, resource, study notes etc can help you, unless you can help yourself.

You need to straighten yourself up by fixing up that lazy issue, and THEN we can start talking about how to improve. Nothing can be done at this stage unless that part has improved.

The HSC is a long journey of carrying a sack of rocks from A to B. Study notes and tutors are just wheelbarrows, they don't move by themselves. Their job is to make the trip easier for you.
This pretty much sums up my thoughts. This is something you need to deal with internally - only you can motivate yourself. Once you're more motivated, then some of the BoS maths whizzes can help you out with the specifics.

X

x744

thanks for that guys, I'm starting to get motivated slowly, I want to reach something I can be proud of! what do you guys suggest for me to do as 'study'?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
thanks for that guys, I'm starting to get motivated slowly, I want to reach something I can be proud of! what do you guys suggest for me to do as 'study'?
Read the theory and actually understand what's going on. There's a difference between reading notes and understanding notes.

Then, have a look at the example questions and see if you get what's going on.

Then, proceed with your own questions (either from HW or just whatever looks friendly to you =) )

leahh

HSC
N/A
Past exams and doing lots of them will suffice.

Capt Rifle

HSC
If you require assistance then post on the math forums, and we would be glad to help you out :)

fatima96

HSC
It's never too late to try!
I highly recommend you get the understanding yr 11 mathematics and understanding yr 12 mathematics books
They're fantastic and have helped me so much
If you feel like 2 unit is too overwhelming, dropping to general is also an option, you could stil get over 90 in that
=)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)