ITT: FML I hate uni. (1 Viewer)

HSC
^ Yeah I do that a lot. I went through all the discussion boards instead of my notes. I figured that if there was something I didn't get, someone would've asked something similar. Then I tackled the mocks hahaha
okay so it's not just me and i'm not crazy haha. it's good cause they occasionally give out hints/another student picks up something i'd completely missed.

A.Chair

HSC
Maybe it wasn't a drill, it accidentally got set off or something?
Apparently it was a pre-planned drill. Either way, they've rescheduled the test which means that me getting up at 7am on a saturday was all for nothing....

henry08

HSC
N/A
I just found the best journal article for my Australian Foreign Policy essay (the essay is about ANZUS).
Then I looked at the author. K Rudd.
Hardly credible.
I'd disagree there, Rudd is a well tuned foreign diplomat having served overseas at Australian embassies, while also being foreign minister in the opposition Labor government. Plus, there is no higher position of foreign policy in Australia than the presiding prime minister.

lychnobity

HSC
I'd disagree there, Rudd is a well tuned foreign diplomat having served overseas at Australian embassies, while also being foreign minister in the opposition Labor government. Plus, there is no higher position of foreign policy in Australia than the presiding prime minister.
That's the problem. Biased source; opportunity for self promotion... need I say more?

Accounting exam tomorrow. fml

HSC
That's the problem. Biased source; opportunity for self promotion... need I say more?

Accounting exam tomorrow. fml
It was written in 2001, which is when he became Shadow Foreign Minister. IDK, the way its written irks me a bit. But then there's some pretty good factual information that I could potentially use, but I can still forsee being ripped to shreds by the tutor.

HSC
I know it's crazy, but Kevin Rudd actually knew how to write before 2007.

So, comments about bias should be saved until after the article is read. I doubt KRudd would have the free time to write journal articles as Prime Minister.

edit: A bit late.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
the proximity of the bar to the building I spend most of my classes in leads to poor decision making especially during times of stress

example: hey guys its monday afternoon lets go have a drink (ONE)

4 hours later drunk as tits

this cannot continue

edit: also I find it mildly hilarious that this house of depravity (i.e. Manning) is right next door to where all the future teachers do their shit. don't worry guys the next generation is in good hands :uhoh:

Last edited:
HSC
Um, to the guy who was sitting behind me in the lecture today, you sneezed directly into my hair. Twice. I could feel your saliva droplets landing on my scalp.

Not cool bro.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Um, to the guy who was sitting behind me in the lecture today, you sneezed directly into my hair. Twice. I could feel your saliva droplets landing on my scalp.

Not cool bro.
haha. reminds me of the guy in my biostats tute. last thursday we had a test, and this asian dude was sitting diagonally from me, he had a cold or something... holy fuck he would not stop clearing his throat and snivelling. i wanted to strangle him

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Went from a HD in my major essay last session, to a C this year. More to the point, I read some of the essays that got higher marks than mine, and they definitely weren't any better. Different lecturer :( FML

EDIT: A few students in the year below had given me their essays to mark, just to see me predict what they would get. I had one predicted for 58ish. Apparently he got 80. Quality was definitely not that of a Distinction essay... so pissed off right now.

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
speaking of marks I recieved a "credit minus" on my poster presentation for research design...what does that even mean? no numerical mark or anything and she couldn't even put it in a defineable category?

it's either a credit or it's not you crazy lithuanian

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Yeah, that happened with some of ours marks as well. I know someone who recieved a Pass Minus. WTF is that???

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
Me: aiyah i see so so many fob wearing da croc shoe, UQ is fobtown lah

Friend: yer fuken fob kunts go bak to nz bruuuuu

Islanders aren't even boat people, are they? Mass/widespread misuse of words ftl.

Yes, this is uni-related.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)