• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ITT: I propose a probably sub-par Newcastle Bos Meat. (1 Viewer)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
em_516 said:
Is anyone up for Wednesday shiz or are we all ignoring that?
wut!?

I didn't know there was actually anything said in all that chatter :s

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Graney said Bar121 and there was a minor trivia discussion. Omg I am SO tired, fuck.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
The_highwayman said:
Hay chris,

seeing as u work at the city Hub, have u had anybody ask about iphone access to the uni wifi network?
if so, have u granted them access without having to use that ridiculous Cisco Clean Access thing?
Because the iphone/ipod touch doesnt support java and Clean access requires it.
We haven't been briefed on iPhone connectivity and whether it's available or not, but im thinking it wouldn't be, for the reason you've mentioned with Cisco.

We have problems with a lot of laptops that can't recognise Cisco even when we install it directly to their laptop, so im not liking the chances of connecting iPhones.

I'll check it out though, and get back to you.

~untitled~

HSC
em_516 said:
Graney said Bar121 and there was a minor trivia discussion. Omg I am SO tired, fuck.
Which are we actually talking about going to? Im fine for either i guess.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Yeh I dunno. I'm sorta fine for either but at the same time if we don't organise something I don't really care coz I've got a visitor for the next half-week now anyway. Blargh shittest mood ever lol. JETSJETSJETJSTEJTSEJTSEJTS *breathe*

~untitled~

HSC
em_516 said:
Yeh I dunno. I'm sorta fine for either but at the same time if we don't organise something I don't really care coz I've got a visitor for the next half-week now anyway. Blargh shittest mood ever lol. JETSJETSJETJSTEJTSEJTSEJTS *breathe*
Loljets cant believe my friends have actually convinced me to spend my money on soccer

blue_chameleon

HSC
17000 said:
The iPhone (or iPod Touches) will not be able to get past the Cisco Clean Access authentication. The iPhone doesn't have the required Java software to handle the authentication part.

IT Services is evaluating iPhones and may offer different support in the future. We will advise when that happens.

Below is our official response which is identical to that one already presented to the student in this case.

"The current official stance of IT Services is that iPhones and iPod Touches are NOT supported in the same that other mobile devices haven't been supported since wireless was introduced.

If students can't get them to work (connecting to wireless, proxy problems, etc), then IT Services will NOT provide any support to assist the student. Students are to be advised that we do NOT support these devices.

This means that if students can get them to work, well and good, enjoy. As for Linux workstations.

IT Services is evaluating the technology/devices and may provide different support arrangements in the future."
Yeah, so the answer comes with the standard verbatim form "Students are to be advised that we do NOT support these devices," which means if students can connect themselves, thats fine; but we won't help.

blue_chameleon

HSC
*show chant*MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRINNNNNNNEEEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSSS.*slow chant*

/repeat

:D

Predicting another clean sheet.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
SASHOOOOO'S A GIRL'S NAME! SASHOOOOO'S A GIRL'S NAME!

I LOVE when the Jets squadron does that chant, I don't know what they say AT ALL :eek:, but actually I don't know the game well enough to explain when they do it :( When they throw the ball in and someone bashes it with their head? I dunno, but I love that chant. I live for listening to that chant. It's better than the game :D haha

So you'll be at the game Sandie? Yayay extra person meetage!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
em_516 said:
When they throw the ball in and someone bashes it with their head?
You do that when they do a goal kick and you only make the "doojsh" sound every time it gets hit till it touches the ground and until the crowd gets bored of it.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
That's it hahah. I thought it was more 'douche' when the other team does it? Perhaps not. Probably no one really knows and they all yell what they think sounds similar :p

Edit: There's one (I don't remember if it's connected to the beginning of ^ or if it's totally unrelated) but the chant reaches this big climax and it reminds me a bit of the haka only I always go 'BKIRRRRK' because it reminds me of this M.I.A song....ahem..

Double edit: God I have forgotten so much already :eek:, this will be a new awakening haha

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)