• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

iTunes Store Australia Opens. iHappy? (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Götterfunken said:
http://www.apple.com/au/itunes/

Anyone bought anything yet? Us non-credit card folk need to know what it's like.
Sigh they introduce it on the same day my net gets capped. Great.

I'll tell you how it goes later- btw I don't think you need a credit card as such, because remember some banks (eg. St George Bank... which technically is a building society) issue EFTPOS + VISA cards (as opposed to EFTPOS + MaestroCirrus); and so far I've used my VISA card to buy a few things online despite that it's a debit card.

Hmm it's not even loading at all >_> Maybe too many users already?

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
i heard that it's quite decent to use (like iTunes in general) and apparently so is Bigpond music.. but then, I don't like the whole DRM thing- about to buy a w800i and I wonder if maybe I should get that ugly moto iTunes phone just so that it'll work with iTunes >_>

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
playboy2njoy said:
There are a number of programs which circumvent apple's DRM technology. Google is your friend.
True- I guess we'll wait and see. Some people say the music quality is only 'above avg' on iTunes Store, but there's a few songs which they have exclusive remixes of which I couldn't find anywhere... Can't wait to get my hands on 'em.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
just watched channel 10 news and they said you can use pre-paid instead of using credit cards. they didnt go into too much detail on it, so im assuming it would work like phone credit

fantasia

HSC
yeh i popped into a petrol station today and noticed they were selling itunes cards. So i guess it is like prepaid phone credit kinda thing.

Götterfunken

HSC
wow. i'll have to get one. wait. no. itunes music store is an addiction i don't need. still, it might be nice for finding those rare songs that i can't get via other sources. *shifty eyes* The DRM thing is no big deal, i'm sure their are many programs that take care of that.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
i bought a song, its heaps easy
also there are some free songs floating around on itunes tooooo

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
That's great- I didn't want to use my Visa online... but they only come in like $20 at the smallest right? If each song is $1.69..... that doesn't divide evenly >_>

Jimmy Pax

HSC
Each song is $1.69. I'm not gunna be using iTunes... It rather go buy the cd, which is what I do for most stuff I download from other locations anyway >_>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)