IUPAC naming for carbon compounds (1 Viewer)

Aysce

HSC
Can anyone please explain to me what we have to learn for this dotpoint? It is not addressed by my textbook and when I searched on google, it came with very complex information. Suggestions of sources and information will be greatly appreciated.

Here's the exact dot point and it's from year 11:

• identify IUPAC names for carbon compounds as they are encountered

deswa

HSC
Is this naming carbon compounds or naming haloalkanes etc. (if you know the difference)? Like does your stuff JUST have hydrogen and carbon in it or does it also have other stuff (like bromine etc.).

starshine02

HSC
My teacher just said there wasn't anything too specific for that dot point but just to keep track of all the carbon substances that we learnt throughout the year. The bulk of it is on hydrocarbons and that sort of stuff in the topic Energy I think. It also counts the simple stuff like carbon dioxide etc.

I would give you my notes but I don't think I have anything specific for that dot point so yeah.

Aysce

HSC
Is this naming carbon compounds or naming haloalkanes etc. (if you know the difference)? Like does your stuff JUST have hydrogen and carbon in it or does it also have other stuff (like bromine etc.).
It was only referring to hydrogen and carbon. All is fine though, theind sent me some notes and I get it now. Thanks to both of you though :)

Smilelivelife

HSC
N/A
Hey
im in year 11 this year and was wondering if you could explain the same thing to me as i have no idea and can't find information that i can use.
Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)