Jacaranda Chemistry Or Chem In context (1 Viewer)

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
I have both of the texts and mid-course is only two weeks away. The question i pose to you is which one is better for the first two modules. I just need to read over it as i have a half decent understanding of the concept. In particular, which texts out of the two is better for the Acidic Environment topic?

Overall and pros/cons would be nice. I know there are threads like this but they are all dead.

HSC
Uni Grad
I've used both and I've found that Contexts teaches some stuff outside the syllabus* whereas Jacaranda sticks to it.

* from Contexts:

Cochineal is a very unusual indicator. It is prepared by grinding the dried bodies of the female insect of the species Dactylopius coccus, which is found in the Carribean and Mexico.
There's lots of stuff like that in Contexts, it's quite interesting but is useless for the HSC.

Jacaranda is better but Conquering is the best IMO.

Conquering > Jacaranda > Contexts

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
I've used both and I've found that Contexts teaches some stuff outside the syllabus* whereas Jacaranda sticks to it.

* from Contexts:

There's lots of stuff like that in Contexts, it's quite interesting but is useless for the HSC.

Jacaranda is better but Conquering is the best IMO.

Conquering > Jacaranda > Contexts
We use Conquering in class and i have both contexts and jacaranda and i didnt know which one to use as a reference. Thanks for your reply.

No, but in all seriousness who would actually put that line into a texts? Talk about irrelevant

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)