Jacaranda Physics HSC (1 Viewer)

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
I was just wondering if anyone else is using the Jacaranda Physics HSC text. We have to do all of the questions from each topic every term, I was just wondering if anyone else had to do this, I find it so boring. I have 4 chapters of it due next week and I havent even started! Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Uncouth

HSC
N/A
We got prescribed with the Jacaranda textbooks in years 11 and 12. Personally, I found them to be really good, much better than Excel... I didn't really understand a few of the concepts but I just commit my dot point summaries from the textbook to memory and all's well.

It's really not that bad. :cool:

MoNNiE

HSC
i found having an sortment of physics textbooks helped when doing the syllaybus dot points..
because if one textbook doesn't cover a topic well.. there is always others u can refer to

i used macmillian, jacaranda and excel
macmillian can be somewhat hard to understand..
and yeah
jacaranda was pretty good :)

the_archduke

My 12 Physics class uses the Jacaranda textbook and apparently quite a lot of it contains false or slightly incorrect information. I find Excel somwhat simplistic sometimes - no use when trying to expand on a topic. I have no problems with Jacaranda though. If it can get me through Year 12 with 95 I'm happy.

zisc

HSC
jacaranda is pretty stuffed but questions are good pratice
excel is better to understand
and surfer is best. better practice questions

passion89

HSC
Jacaranda = the best physics textbook for the HSC course! Be happy your teacher prescribed it haha you'll learn heaps this way - by doing the questions at the end of the chapter because some are quite basic and some are difficult. My class is also encouraged to do the questions at the back every time we finish a chapter. I personally find this helpful because the format of the questions is quite HSC-like (well...some anyways).

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Jacaranda is quite good, but there are a few little errors and some dot points are skimmed over. However, it's better than Macmillian, and I quite like the syllabus reference in the front. Overall I think it's the best physics textbook. :)

I_F

s2indie

HSC
We also have the Jacaranda textbook but we don't have to do the chapter exercises.
Well once we had to but mostly he gives us other worksheets to do because they're harder.

Rax

Custom Me up Scotty
HSC
Because my teacher is so icompetent (She teaches the class using summary books written by someone called Greg Pitt - FROM THE 2001 SYLLABUS)

I use the Jacaranda, Excel and Maquarie and HSC CSU all combined for info for my dotpoint summaries

We do no work in class, I just sit there and help the discussion by correcting her now and again

rama_v

HSC
It's good to have access to a first year uni textbook, especially a textbook for an introductory physics courses (e.g. Giancoli). You can use them to understand concepts better.

JhK89

HSC
i say macmillan is realli bad i prefer jacaranda..

my teacher is realli bad he just copies the jacaranda text book word to word... and expects us to know what we're going to do ahead of time..

Devric

HSC
huh nothng worse than my physics teacher. all she does is tel us to read and do the Q form dis jacranda text book in the lesson or out of the lesson. and ocasianly giv us some task from board of studies. thats it!!! she dun teach much!! actually almost none at all

del pietro

HSC
yep jacaranda is the way to go.. it delves into the harder concepts quite well.. it just takes me a few readings to fully get it.. i also have excel.. but never really used it..

different text books sometimes explain concepts differently, so maybe for some refereing to more than one text book could be more confusing when trying to get the harder concepts...

YannY

HSC
Does anyone know where i can get the cd for the jacaranda series? or get the answers for the questions in the book?

EmJayTee

HSC
this is the worst text book...no...the worst thing...i have ever read

jlnWind

HSC
Jacaranda has really got to be one the best.
I like Macmillan too- but its a bit outside the syllabus.

Personally i use physics excel, it was the cheapest at the time.
But most of the stuff im not sure about, hyperphysics.com or waterver is damn good

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
its alright, uses alot of annoying analogies tho...
we dont have to to the qs fr it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)