James Ruse are cheaters and the BOS do not care. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
Sarah182 said:
I think it's a bit ridiculous to say that Ruse is the ONLY school to start HSC work early...

Does anyone on here realise how many schools do that? There was an old Prelim thread last year where heaps of people said that there school start HSC work early (one student even said they had completed an entire module before the HSC officially started) .. I contacted the BOS about it and they couldn't care less.

"A student will be considered to have satisfactory completed a Preliminary course if, in the principal’s view, there is sufficient evidence that the student has met the course completion criteria. Satisfactory completion of the Preliminary course or its equivalent is a prerequisite for entry into an HSC course." [Board of Studies]

So, it is up to individual schools.

dp624

HSC
Sarah182 said:
I think it's a bit ridiculous to say that Ruse is the ONLY school to start HSC work early...

Does anyone on here realise how many schools do that? There was an old Prelim thread last year where heaps of people said that there school start HSC work early (one student even said they had completed an entire module before the HSC officially started) .. I contacted the BOS about it and they couldn't care less.
But you see, Ruse doesn;t start their hsc early...
geez

chaldoking

HSC
James Ruse does not start the HSC early - I am sure they offer accelerated courses like IPT and Maths - but they don't drift away from content that must be taught in a specific year group.

Its like saying: I am going to ban tutoring because some students start learning the 2 unit course in Year 9. Simply dumb-founded.

I think rather than pointing the finger and trying to destroy the reputation of the school we should congratulate them - they are students like us all trying to achieve to best possible UAI.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Why is it that James Ruse is the only school in the State that starts HSC and Prelim work way before they are allowed to by the BOS?

No other selective school does this, even the high ranking girl and boy schools play by the rules and only start the HSC course after Year 11 has officially finished.

If anyone has seen a James Ruse maths test, they are doing 3 unit work in year 9/10 and their exams are more difficult than any other school urely because they have worked so far ahead.

Officially the BOS does NOT allow this yet they cast a blind eye over their love child with the politicians and spin doctors who want a model school for NSW. We don't tell the other states that this 'model' school plays by their own set of rules.

I find what James Ruse is doing extremely selfish and stereotypical of their school mentality of "marks marks marks".

The BOS also have less than impressive contact 'details' which are probably siphoned straight into their spam folders or answering machines.

People think it's impossible to overcome James Ruses' high standard but their is talent in every school, except they work hard and have no life.

I say we should make some noise and get the BOS to rethink their special treatment policy. I propose that because of their unfair advantage over other schools they should have their scaling reduced because they already have and advantage over other students even before they cheat and do the HSC material behind everyone else's back.
If you're so concerned then I highly suggest that you go teach yourself. There's a lot of information on the internet and a lot of people here would be willing to help you. Kids in James Ruse can accelerate by themselves. They don't really need their teachers that much.

shuning

HSC
I don't understand the fascination with not bringing up old posts, especially when the issue is still relevant. In the words of Pauline Hanson: please explain.
nah the issue is not so relevant my school is a public school that ranked 117, and we did the 2unit math HSC in yr 11 and in my school lots of ppl do the science subjects's HSC in yr 11, my friend in some gay prviet skool did 3u math in yr 11 and ive heard gosford high started doing calcus in yr 10 and many other school that accereate from yr 10. so srsly i dont see this as a problem.

and excuse me 4 my ESL english T.T

-aishit3ru-

HSC
there's a kid at my school who is in year 10 and doing 4 unit maths. obviously he is accelerated, like all the kids at James Ruse.
people all over the state do the hsc before they are in year 12. and then once they're in year 12 they have the opportunity to do it again.
they're incredibly smart kids at James Ruse. it's not cheating to let them reach their full potential before the BOS thinks they are old enough too.
how would you feel if you were one of the James Ruse kids and were being called a cheater.
stop and think about what you write on here before you post it.

Last edited:

xerox288

HSC
Well, I know that Baulko and Sydney Boys both teach HSC work in Yr 10.

KarenCn

HSC
learning ahead isnt cheating

everyone's free to learn ahead if they so will

pocketpeeble

HSC
N/A
The HSC is the same for everyone because everyone across the state should've learnt all there is to know to prepare for it. And you don't even go there, so how how would you know what their syllabus is like and how they run their school?

Aplus

HSC
N/A
"Education shall be directed to the full development of the human personality and to the strengthening of respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms."

The purpose of education is for the student to reach his/her full potential. That's the first priority. If you want to learn ahead, or accelerate then do so, but do not come here and start talking about this cheating bullshit.

bwendan

HSC
This happens in Melb all the time. One school compresses yr 7-10 into 3 years, so that the students can take their VCE over 3 years.

Who cares?

I think some people here are too lazy to study ahead, and too authoritarian and jealous to let other people study ahead.

It's tall poppy syndrome at its height. Even supposing that such a rule existed in by the BOS, why should it exist? Why shouldn't schools be able to teach their students as they see fit, like the example I gave above?

rosygirls92

HSC
OMFG DO YOU KNOW HOW STUPID OUR TEACHERS ARE???
Damn don't open ur mouth until u know that our teachers do NOTHING, and it's the students depending on themselves. If you want, u can start early too and stop wasting time complaining about this crap.

Anus McLovin

HSC
Well, I know that Baulko and Sydney Boys both teach HSC work in Yr 10.

Sydney Boys doesn't.
They do the whole 2U course (and HSC) in year 11 though, but it's restricted to the top 120.
There's no way they'd even fathom teaching HSC maths in year 10, since a fair few kids won't even go on to do Maths. It'd just make them lose complete interest in learning for that year.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
It's tall poppy syndrome at its height. Even supposing that such a rule existed in by the BOS, why should it exist? Why shouldn't schools be able to teach their students as they see fit, like the example I gave above?
Because then certain schools will have much greater teachers and resources than other schools, making it EVEN MORE unfair than the already unfair schooling system (Public vs Private, Selective vs Non-Selective)

On topic: Many of the James Ruse people I know (that said, I don't know many) say that their teachers are crap etc. just as the rest of us do. Hell one of my Maths tutors went to James Ruse and jigged around 30% 'cause the teaching was crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)