James Ruse Premedical College (1 Viewer)

clementc

Awesome Member
HSC
Uni Grad
there's a story of a new ruse kid being shown around and he saw someone sitting down alone and the dude showing him around said "don't talk to him he only does 2 unit maths"
zzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzz i hate how ppl always spread misinformation to try and discredit ruse
stop bullshitting

Infatuate

HSC
Well it has been confirmed that Ruse's AVERAGE ATAR (not median) was 99.39 in '10. In 2009, Ruse's average atar was 99.45.
So... :)

Aykay

HSC
Uni Grad
Why are the kids from Ruse so skinny?

There's no eating in the library.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
You don't need to be super intelligent to do well in the HSC

You just have to be a grade machine

A lot of selective kids will literally not have any form of social event over a *month* before assessments/trials/whateverotherbullshitthing because they have to study

You can't learn anything new in that space of time relevant to the syllabus. All you're doing is just learning how to rehash dot points in essays. Unless of course it's 4U Math where it's a bit less about rehashing dot points and understanding mathematical concepts/approaches/techniques.

My point being is that naturally intelligent people can turn up to exams and still get mid band 5 or higher without any study. If they'd re-written essays 4000 times before that, they might be a bit better at it.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
A lot of selective kids will literally not have any form of social event over a *month* before assessments/trials/whateverotherbullshitthing because they have to study

You can't learn anything new in that space of time relevant to the syllabus. All you're doing is just learning how to rehash dot points in essays. Unless of course it's 4U Math where it's a bit less about rehashing dot points and understanding mathematical concepts/approaches/techniques.

My point being is that naturally intelligent people can turn up to exams and still get mid band 5 or higher without any study. If they'd re-written essays 4000 times before that, they might be a bit better at it.
First one is PARTLY true. It really depends on the shool and I'm sure JR have a tonne of parties at every other part of the year.

Second is well, the last month or so is about revising for the exam, not actually "learning" IMO.

Last one, my brother did that...jigged half his classes (Selective School) and never studied until about a week before HSC and ended up with 87.75 UAI. He got Band 5 for everything and an E4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)