James Ruse vs NBSC Manly (1 Viewer)

sasgear

HSC
I got offer from both schools which one should I go to??
Can anyone these two schools can kinda compare them?
Ruse is great but I think that I m not gonna be the best in it but the school percentage is also high, so I not sure how to choose

HSC
I got offer from both schools which one should I go to??
Can anyone these two schools can kinda compare them?
Ruse is great but I think that I m not gonna be the best in it but the school percentage is also high, so I not sure how to choose
Go to ruse

meggles_

HSC
Go to Ruse - even if you aren't in the top of the Ruse cohort, you're pretty much guaranteed to do well

Fiction

HSC
Not sure if srs
Unless it's going to take you 2hours of travel time, go to ruse. Chances are, you will do better there. I would only really suggest manly if you either live nearby, or want to do one or more subject that aren't really offered, in which case manly probably offers it through cross campus. Besides, there's no guarentee you can or will top the manly cohort, just because you got offered into ruse. I have several friends who took the selective test, got scores that enabled them to enter ruse, chose not to (NSG and NSB instead) and are not at the top of their current school.

enoilgam

HSC
Go to Ruse - even if you aren't in the top of the Ruse cohort, you're pretty much guaranteed to do well
No you arent - just because the school averages 99+ ATARs doesnt mean that you will certainly do well. You will still need to work almost as hard to get the marks. OP, go to the school which you feel most comfortable with.

HSC
No you arent - just because the school averages 99+ ATARs doesnt mean that you will certainly do well. You will still need to work almost as hard to get the marks. OP, go to the school which you feel most comfortable with.
If he goes to ruse he will feel motivated to study and all. I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to be last in all his subjects, and going to ruse will push him to study.

Of course if one does not study they will not receive a high atar regardless of which school they attend.

meggles_

HSC
Of course OP has to work hard to do well, but in a highly competitive and top ranked school like Ruse, a student is more likely to be motivated to work hard and thus do well

bangladesh

HSC
Yea, it obviously doesn't guarantee anything, but it greatly increases his chances of getting a 99+ ATAR. I would list the reasons but i'm pretty sure you know all the reasons so ye

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Going to a good school doesn't mean your chances of getting an X atar will be higher ..., so much misinformation

Verify

HSC
Going to a good school doesn't mean your chances of getting an X atar will be higher ..., so much misinformation
Yes but by being accepted into a school like Ruse means that you're obviously very academically talented and work hard... hence having a higher chance of getting a better ATAR.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes but by being accepted into a school like Ruse means that you're obviously very academically talented and work hard... hence having a higher chance of getting a better ATAR.
I disagree with you.

You may be smart and/or talented, but it doesn't imply that you are hard working

I know people who turned up to the selective test without doing an ounce of practice. Yes they got into a selective school......

BUT Some of them didn't end up a top uni's because of their lack of hard work.

Last edited:

sasgear

HSC
Wow guys that's a lotta response thank you all.
Seems like everyone choose ruse.
I mean I think I can handle those pressure in ruse.
I am inclined to ruse, but considering its high percentage of Asian (no offense, since I am Asian myself), I am still swinging to manly a little.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)