James Ruse (1 Viewer)

idan

HSC
Is it true that James Ruse students are forced to do activity because healthy people are more alert? I've heard some weird stories from that school, anybody know any?

jesshika

supreme being
i heard that during junoir years they have to pick up cow shit because its an 'agriculture' school

rumour or not ?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ~dEjA vOuX~
Most weird stories about James Ruse aren't true.
You mean they dont lick toads to expand their mind :(

santaslayer

HSC
I heard they make their own 'home made' pillz to stimulate themselves..and the school actively sells them to kiddies.....after consultation with a JR friend, i found out it was untrue :p

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Zarathustra
Do the students at JR get better or worse relative to the state? I heard that all (most) of the year 7 students are top~2% - but the median UAI is 99.35 - does anyone know?
That median mark just about corresponds to top 2%. However there will always be some slackers who get <97 because they don't care, and there is only so much a student can get better before they reach their complete potential, while you can get almost infinitely worse.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Originally posted by idan
Is it true that James Ruse students are forced to do activity because healthy people are more alert? I've heard some weird stories from that school, anybody know any?
i heard that.. they want their students to be physically fit as well as be higher intellectually.. my business teacher was saying that someone who did bad in her fitness testing got a letter sent home.. n she had to like get fit

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by cro_angel
i heard that.. they want their students to be physically fit as well as be higher intellectually.. my business teacher was saying that someone who did bad in her fitness testing got a letter sent home.. n she had to like get fit
your business teacher sounds like he/she talks a lot of shit

no they don't send letters home if the child is unfit, but yes if they don't pass the fitness test (everyone does it in PE), i.e run a mile under 10 minutes they are encouraged to join an early morning fitness group

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Well a mile in 10 minutes, you have to be joking thats only 9.6km/hr for 10 minutes.

lengstar

HSC
i drive my sister to tutoring at JR. there is this massive metal frame with radar relays and electrical wires, basically a substation, right next to the school. is there a possibility of eletromagnetic mutations which may contribute to the accelerated growth of their minds? =|

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
omg, I'm like totally good friends with this girl that went to that school, and she says that every tuesday and thursday mornings, there's school assemblies where like a motivational speaker comes in and hypnotises them into thinking that the outside world is evil and they all drone "we are in your service, james ruse" and then at lunchtimes on those days they sit there doing quadratic equations

.....okay, i just made that up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)