Jap Beginner scales up or down (1 Viewer)

yinyin

HSC
N/A
hey,im a year 10 student.
Like for my subject selection for 2006
adv.english
3u math
bio
legal studies
business studes
but because of those lines issues, i cannot pick chinese continuer therefore i will have to pick a subject in that particular line.
Im just wondering, Japanese beginner scales up or down?
Does chinese speaker have advantage of taking Japanese because many times japanese contain chinese characters.
Thanks

Riviet

HSC
N/A
yinyin said:
Does chinese speaker have advantage of taking Japanese because many times japanese contain chinese characters.
Thanks
Japanese continuers does scale up, you can have a look at the BoS scaled means page, click here.

I am guessing you must be chinese since you are asking this question. Your chinese knowledge might only help if you in japanese if you know how to read and write chinese characters, and I have heard it is a little easier to pick up since the Chinese style of writing has similarities to Japanese. I hope that helps. :)

Densuki

eXpress Yourself
HSC
yinyin said:
hey,im a year 10 student.
Like for my subject selection for 2006
adv.english
3u math
bio
legal studies
business studes
but because of those lines issues, i cannot pick chinese continuer therefore i will have to pick a subject in that particular line.
Thanks
ur subject selection was similar to my 2005 HSC. although u shouldnt look at scaling as a way to pic your subjects, because if u do well in jap begiiners, u will get a nice mark.
i am also a chinese speaking person, and yes knowing chinese gives you a advantage, because many of the kanji ( chinese written characters in jap) mean the same thing in jap, sometimes sounds the same aswell, it is very easy for you to recognise them, also writing them is a breeze for us!

P

pLuvia

Densuki said:
ur subject selection was similar to my 2005 HSC. although u shouldnt look at scaling as a way to pic your subjects, because if u do well in jap begiiners, u will get a nice mark.
i am also a chinese speaking person, and yes knowing chinese gives you a advantage, because many of the kanji ( chinese written characters in jap) mean the same thing in jap, sometimes sounds the same aswell, it is very easy for you to recognise them, also writing them is a breeze for us!
Japanese beginners scales down, but scaling isn't a factor you should be trusting on. But knowing many kanji before hand is very helpful. But the kanji doesn't represent the whole hiragana word, so you might forget that.

sassy_gal

HSC
does beginners jap really scale down? A language teacher at my school told me all languages got scaled up! (pluvia-you said the scaling doesnt really matter that much)...why?

P

pLuvia

sassy_gal said:
does beginners jap really scale down? A language teacher at my school told me all languages got scaled up! (pluvia-you said the scaling doesnt really matter that much)...why?
The reason is, scaling won't affect you much/at all if you do well in the course. And most/all the beginners courses scale down. If you take a look here, you can see Japanese Beginners is pretty low, but not to worry do well and you'll be fine, and scaling won't affect you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)